Trece

Be who you are and say what you feel. It's not being rude... it's being real.

-Somewhere on the internet :)

"If you've had sex before, raise your hand!"

I sighed and shook my head. Why did I.C.T class always end up so weird? Oh, I knew the answer...

Matteo Rivera was a psycho.

He was sporting a hobo look today. I wondered how he got past security with his ripped denim jeans and leather jacket. His hobo stick was lying against a corner of the class.

The man knew his stuff, but he was plain alarming.

"Hey, I asked a question! Who has had sex before?!" He tapped someone's monitor, "I swear I won't tell Señora bruja." That was what he called the Principal anytime she was not around. Whenever she was near however , she was "Ma'am."

Someone raised her hand and Señor Rivera nodded in appreciation. The girl's face was red. He ignored her mortification, "Now why do I ask this question?"

Cause you're insane, why else?

"We don't know, Sir." Rodrigo answered, trying to get back into his teacher's good graces. Which was almost impossible...

Mr Rivera sighed as though imparting some First rate wisdom, "My children... the reason is because of the internet phenomenon that exists on a lot of active sites, including streaming, gaming and reading sites." Here the rubbish goes, "The Porn ad."

I groaned.

Tate, beside me, laughed.

I looked at my roommate and thought about how weird he'd been acting since I dropped him off at home last Saturday. I'd like to think that asking him would be prying... but he's a friend and it worried me more than it normally would.

Maybe it was because of the melancholy air in the room.

But asking, when if someone had asked me I wouldn't answer, would not be right.

Mr Rivera was talking on the benefits of the porn ad, "It gives an avenue for you to ogle and an excuse for when your wife or girlfriend catches you." He sighed like he hadn't just said something so stupid, "Such a basic human need." 

I rolled my eyes and fired up my search engine, opening my email. There were a lot from Universities and other post-bachillerato institutions and even a few from some regional basketball teams. But I didn't open any of them. I'd already looked over the ones that had offered and none of them offered Architecture the way I wanted it. I had the grades for a better university and I wouldn't settle for less.

But as I scrolled down, I spied an email address that made my blood run cold.

VeronicaMontana7

Subject: Hi baby

Mom had sent an email?

Why not call?

Oh, she hadn't called in over a year so... 

I shook my head to regain my calm but it was failing. My hands were shaking so much that I felt like hiding it in my blazer sleeves. But I knew it would make no difference...

What did she want?

Everything was blurry, so I lowered my head and began to control my breathing.

Calm down...

Calm down...

Who cares what you want?