Diez

If I had a dollar every time I faked a smile, I'd be a billionaire.

-Pinterest.

Dedicating this chapter to CandyIsFluffyAndCool for giving me the idea for the outing.

So here it goes...

Tate was late.

It wasn't me that was bothered but Andre who was pacing quickly, crumpling up our clearance form in the process. He was basically swallowing his lip, "Where's the little man?"

"He woke up late," I said, mumbling, "He'll be out eventually."

Blanca huffed and focused on her phone. She had a pink crop top on with this lacy black skirt and pumps. She looked nice, but then again Blanca always did.

But I chided myself... thinking about her wouldn't solve the issue between us. I wasn't even sure anything could. It was just easier to forget my feelings one day at a time, focusing on how angry she makes me.

On how guilty I feel whenever I think about that night...

Because I don't regret it.

"Guys!" Tate called, sporting a black sweatshirt , sweatpants and white sneakers. His hair was unkempt, "Sorry for being late!"

"What happened, Little Man?" Andre greeted with ruffling his hair.

"Some testosterone issues in the bathroom..." He muttered, slowly. But then he raised his face to my best friend, "So what's the plan for today?"

That got Andre hooked, "Okay, so today's theme is gaming."

Blanca looked up, "Gaming?"

"Yeah," He said with a wide smile, "We'll go to two gaming centers cause I couldn't pick one and we'll have some fun."

Gaming, huh? Good idea... it was something everyone could manage. "Which gaming centers?" I asked.

"Um," Andre seemed to think, "Blitz bar and Elite Gaming."

Blanca frowned, "Blitz bar opens at five."

"Exactly," Andre said, walking out the gate towards the busy street. We followed him awaiting his response. "That's why we'll go home, get cash and meet up again two hours later in Ciutadella Park by twelve p.m."

We stood in a line on the curb and I was in between Tate and Blanca, while Andre hailed a taxi, "Then we'll go to Elite , have lunch by 3:30 p.m and drive from 4 to Blitz... easy."

A taxi stopped and Andre discussed prices with him, before telling us to hop in.

Blanca took shotgun and fiddled with her phone. A sign she was impatient. I tried not to dwell on that, immediately regretting not bringing my book.

So I asked, "Do we have to work car schedules?"

Andre gasped, "True!" He smacked my shoulder over Tate's head, "You're so awesome Dante."

I rolled my eyes... so extra.

My best friend hummed, "Okay, since we'll be saving cash we can't take taxis to and fro to all our destinations... let's say... Dante get your car and pick Tate and I'll get my car and pick Blanca."

I nodded. Reasonable idea... even though I knew that if Andre's parents willed to buy the gaming centers, they would. If he's economizing then he wants less to do with them than I originally thought.

The thought got me a bit down...

Not wanting your parents attention...

What had happened between them?