Siete

Hola!!!

I'm dedicating this Chapter to the best handwritten teen fiction book I've ever read, "Hazel and Candy" by my seatmate at school.

I would totally finish that book if I could.

;D

Vote and Comment!!!

Enjoy!!!

The first thing I said to Tate after classes had ended was, "No."

"Why?" He asked, matching my strides and falling into step beside me, "Could you just help me get to the Basketball court."

No. I didn't want to go there... not yet. "I can't, really! I have to study now."

"It's the first day of school!" He waved his hands, "Who studies?"

"Me." I replied, walking faster.

He rushed in front of me, "Come on! Please!"

I bit my lip. Over the past days, I'd grown a liking to the guy but... not enough of a liking to face what I'd been trying to avoid for months now. "It's in the Sports Pavilion, follow the sound of squeaking shoes and heavy thuds."

Those sounds... I missed those sounds.

But I didn't miss the sickening feeling that came with it.

Tate frowned, "Andre said that they'd be more accepting to a member, leading a recruit."

He wanted to join? I felt bad immediately. If Tate had told me earlier, then I would've never spoken to him in front of the Captain of the team.

Flexing my fingers, I sighed, "I'm not the best person, okay? I have some... issues with the team."

His lip twitched and I became annoyed, why should I have to go out of my comfort zone for somebody I met a week ago? No meant no. 

Walking away from him, I made my way to the library. I had my grades to keep up and fretting over a sport wasn't going to help me succeed.

The library must've been the most peaceful place in the school. It had a rich brown color, owing to the wood used to fashion the walls, floors and ceiling. Upon entry, the Librarian's stand was the first thing you see, placed close to the entrance so as to either scare students away or help them out. 

For the former, the Librarian's perpetually severe face was the main star.

"Good evening Sir." I greeted quietly, sliding away from his eerie presence. He was about the only other person in the school, apart from the Principal of course, whom I feared. So it was calming when he rather ignored me.

Picking a textbook from the shelf, I found myself minutes later, reading one of Physics' theoretical topics. It would've been engaging if my mind hadn't been elsewhere.

I should've helped him!

You were not obligated!

But Rodrigo will eat him up like a dog!

Leave Tate, let him learn how to survive.

Warring thoughts plagued me continuously that the words seemed to be peeling off the page. It was annoying... very annoying.

First Blanca and her argument, which if I let into my head I'd find reason in despite it being peppered with arrant stupidity. Thinking about her just made me angry, but the anger wasn't her fault. I'd just been angry a lot last summer.