Chapter V

After all the mess of last week, (y/n)'s manager was frantic about getting her on as many chat shows as possible to talk about the incident. (y/n) was less than thrilled about reliving the experience, but any publicity is good publicity, and a terror-filled first day in Paris is exactly the kind of thing that the public laps up like thirsty dogs.

And so (y/n) went to those chat shows, and told the same story over and over again, obviously with a little extra drama sprinkled in, and of course, profuse gratitude to Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Lone Wolf every time. And a special SPECIAL thank you to Lone Wolf.

The news coverage was a huge deal for (y/n)'s name, brands were ringing up Meera's phone everyday to try and get (y/n) on their photo-shoots. (y/n) didn't mind for the most part, but it began to be a problem when it started to occupy too much of her mind. On Monday, she started school, and she couldn't risk any distractions that might embarrass her.

Public school hadn't been an option in London, so she was still worried about all of the differences she may not be aware of. Mostly she was just worried that her french might slip up and she would make a fool of herself. But with a little extra practice of verb forms before bed, she felt confident enough to face it head on the next day.

 But with a little extra practice of verb forms before bed, she felt confident enough to face it head on the next day

That Monday morning, Meera came up the stairs into (y/n)'s room. The natural light from the windows already shined down onto her bed. Meera nudged her awake and started to read out her usual morning announcements. Even in a different country, Meera still retained her efficiency, and (y/n) appreciated her consistency.

"Good morning, (y/n). You're looking beautiful as ever. Today is a wonderful day to start your first day at school. Now it's about 20 degrees outside today and the weather is looking clear... I've brought you the outfit that we discussed yesterday, oh and you should start getting ready, I've arranged with Mr Agreste that you should carpool with his son on the way to school. You remember Adrien, right? Blonde haired boy, very sweet but a bit soft since his mother died... Anyway, The car will be here to pick you up in an hour and a half, so... chop chop." 

Meera made her way back down the stairs to her loft. (y/n) watched as her head disappeared down the steps, her long black hair tied back in an intricate braid. (y/n) always knew that Meera got up early so she could wake her up in time, but she never understood how she had the time to always look so put together at 6 am. Meera always wore beautifully tailored pant's suits, and her hair was always pulled back neatly into a complicated plait. Sometimes she even wore makeup, but it was rare. (y/n) mostly saw Meera in the same shade of red lipstick that complimented her dark skin perfectly

Finally deciding to get up from her comfortable bed, (y/n) stretched a little and swung her feel around the other side of her bed. There were some fluffy slippers waiting for her. The loft was a little chilly so she picked up her pink robe from it's hanger, and she tugged it around herself as she gazed down into the living room below.