Chapter 10: My Pirate King

You were sitting in the passenger's seat of Hongjoong's car as you drove away from the JYP building. 

I thought that they'd notice me, you thought to yourself. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could make everyone happy again. The only other one who ever really knew how to make me feel better is Joong, you think as you stare at him with a feeling that you've never known before. 

To test if he'd mind it or not, you reached over and held his hand while he was driving.

He looked at you with a warm smile and then squeezed your hand before turning back to the road, all the while not letting go.

"Y/N-ah, I have a question." Hongjoong said while you were in the KQ parking lot. 

"What is it, Joong?" 

"Well, I...um...I was wondering why you called me." He asked nervously. 

You sighed. If you lost another friend because of how you felt, it wouldn't be anything new. And it was Hongjoong, for pete's sake! He was there for you when the Aussies and Woo couldn't be. You'd never lose him.

"Well,Hong-ah, you see....I think you're great. You're amazing and kind and talented and you always know what to say and you've always been there for me and after being ignored like that for two nights in a row, you were the only one I could think of. You make me feel safe and warm and I...well, I like you, ok?" You blurted out. After realizing what you said, you covered your face with your hands and turned towards the window. 

In the middle of your worries, you felt a gentle touch on your shoulder. Wiping your tears, you slowly turn around to see him. But, this time, in a new light. Suddenly you felt home. 

"Y/N-ah....may I?" He asked as he lightly pushed a stray strand of hair out of your face. You nodded. And slowly, you both leaned in for a kiss.

When his lips touched yours, it sent a vibrant, electric feeling up your spine. He tasted like warmth and salted caramel. It was a flavor you liked. A flavor you never knew that you needed.

After what seemed like forever,  Hongjoong slowly pulled away and cupped your face.

"Y/N-ah, I have a confession to make, too." You look deep into his eyes. They had a certain aurora around them, a captivating shine that was hard to look away from.

"Jung Y/N, I've liked you too, for a long time. Ever since we started being friends. You were always there, in my dreams. You're beautiful, talented, kind, funny, an amazing singer, dancer, and rapper. You're a person that I genuinely feel safe with, and so, if you  somehow want to..would you be my girlfriend?" 

You smiled more brightly than you have in days. "Yes! Yes, I'd love to," you say as you hug him, him returning it immediaitely.

 He notices your duffel bag. "Staying the night?" You nod sheepishly. "Can I borrow the practice room for a while?" You ask him. You were in the mood for drag music and letting loose. Continuing to ignore your phone, you and Joong got out of the car and headed through the back exit, about to go and dance your heart out to some RuPaul and Todrick Hall.