Chapter 36: Revenge, Retaliation, and Redemption (5k Reads Special Chapter)

"Ms. Jung, you are taking this man, Park Jimin, to court today on charges of Rape, Kidnapping and multiple counts of assault and manipulation. Correct?"

"Yes, your honor." I said from the witness stand.

My lawyer looked at me with kind, compassionate eyes.

Meanwhile, Jimin and Geunwon looked at me with smug faces. You could tell that they were confident in the male-dominated jury's verdict of me being guilty. But surely they would help my side. Surely these men had just enough kindness in their stone cold hearts to help me...

"Well then, since the jury has decided the verdict.."

The entire room grew tense and the judge looked at me with glistening and comforting eyes.

He slammed down the gavel.

"Park Jimin! You have been found incredulously guilty of rape, kidnapping, assault and manipulation. As of this moment, you are sentenced to life in prison in solitary confinement. Your contract with HYBE Labels is hereby revoked and you will never see a stage again."

A feral roar erupted from across the courtroom and within seconds, Jimin and Geunwon hurdled over the barriers and past the gaurds. Within seconds, I was being beaten like cake batter, over and over again. And just as quickly as it happened, almost like a fairytale, I was being carried away from all of the pain by that familiar smell of hot chocolate and fresh baked pastry.

**(TIME SKIP)**

The next day I awoke in my bed, back in the JYPE dorms. I was, admittedly, confused on how I got there, but I had a feeling that the nightmarish past few weeks had been a reality.

But at least I was home.

I stretched, but quickly stopped when I was overwhelmed by a gushing wave of soreness and pain in my shoulders and abdomen. Then it hit me. Yesterday was the day we won the case. When the judge read out the news, Jimin and his lawyer, Jang Geunwon, went berserk and-

"Ouch......"

Anyways, what's done is done I suppose. As long as he's in jail for what he's done to me and other young girls, I am thankful. 

It was early in the morning, so I began to wonder if anyone else was awake. So, I gently leaned over the railing and saw Felix, sleeping soundly in his bed. Quietly, I snuck out of our shared bedroom and inched  down the hallway towards the living room. 

When I walked in to the spacious room, I found a note on the counter that bordered the kitchen addressed to me from Chan.

It read:

        "Princess,
If you find yourself unable to sleep, I will be in the green room hosting a VLIVE after I run and grab snacks from the 24hr cafe from down the road. I love you so much babygirl and I hope you know that. You are my light and my life, my one and only forever and ever. Wherever you are, I will be. I love you so much baby.

                                                                                              -Christopher Bang"

I walked out of our dorm, closing the door behind me. Carefully, I opened the door to the stairs to the lower floor. Endless, they seemed, from so high up. Nonetheless, it wouldn't be worth it to test my body after yesterday's events. I walked back out and I grabbed my wheelchair from right outside the dorm's door, then I wheeled myself to the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. As worried as I was about causing too much noise, I knew that with everyone asleep in their rooms on the 4th and 5th floors of the building, nobody but the night-shift gaurds would notice a ruckus from the elevators.

Ding!

When I reached the ground floor, I carefully wheeled myself out into the main hallway. The gaurd buy the secretary's desk gave me a brisk nod, then went back to checking the massive monitor that showed the security camera footage.

I rolled up to the door and knocked.

"And there's today's special guest, Y/N!!!"

Chan opened the door and pushed me in. stopping when I was right next to his chair. He went back and shut the door, then came and sat down again.

"And how are you feeling, Miss Y/N?"

"I'm feeling great, jagiya." I said as I kissed his cheek and ruffled his messy hair. 

He smiled at me, and I was greatful that for one moment in what felt like forever, I felt like everything was gonna be ok.