~•Wings•~

A/N:

Hey there again! :D

As a part of my 'Christmas Special/New Year Special' here comes the second story! Still from Taiyou no Yume on the site, Fanfiction.net.

And trust me, in this story, you will cry your heart out.

~~

Song used in this chapter: Wings by Birdy

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Robert Frost

They could hear it, the sound of people screaming outside as the loud booming of thunder filled the room. Icy winds pounded against the apartment window pane as the complex shuddered under the weight of the storm. They heard tree branches snapping and things smashing into each other as the storm raged on outside.

The room they were sitting it was dimly lit by the few candles scattered around. The electricity had gone out hours ago and they were left with nothing but the old fashion way to make sure they could see.

A young girl with long blonde hair and lime green eyes sat with a boy with chocolate brown hair and eyes the color of the sky. Their hands were clasped together firmly as they stared at the window in fear.

The world was ending and there was nothing they could do about it.

"Jack..." the blonde girl whispered, her voice shaking, "I'm scared."

Jack brought their intertwined hands up to his lips and gently kissed the back of her palm, "Me too, Punzie, me too," he whispered.

"Do you...do you think it'll hurt?" Rapunzel asked, her lower lip trembling a little.

"Hey, don't cry okay?" he soothed, "It'll be over soon before you know it, I promise," he vowed with a small smile, "Besides, whatever happens now, we'll be together till the end, and that's what matters the most now, right?" he cajoled as he gently wiped away the tears from her eyes while brushing her hair from her face.

She smiled up at him weakly before leaning up and kissing him on the cheek, "I love you, Jack, so much," she breathed as she pulled away, resting their foreheads against each other.

"Don't say it like that," he begged, clutching her hand close to his heart, "Say it like you usually would when we're happy, I don't wanna hear you say it like that," at this point, tears were streaming down his face.

Rapunzel tried to smile again but it came out distorted and broken.

"I love you," she repeated, her tone still heartbroken but she made an effort to smile.

Jack looked at her sadly before she leaned in and kissed him gently, their lips moving in perfect synchronization with each other.

Suddenly, soft music filled the room and the duo startled away from each other in shock, staring at the contraption that had caused the sound: an old, beat up radio.

"How is it still working?" Jack asked in shock. "It must run on batteries," Rapunzel muttered in awe. "But then how is the music getting through? The storm should've blown away all the reception towers," he asked in bewilderment. Rapunzel merely shrugged helplessly in reply.

They didn't say anything for awhile, just letting the gentle sway of the music fill the room.

Finally, Jack grinned and stood up in front of Rapunzel, causing the girl to raise an eyebrow in confusion. And the second eyebrow soon followed suit as he kneeled down in front of her.

"Will you be kind as to offer me this dance, milady?" he asked cheekily.

Rapunzel giggled at his antics, "I would be honored to, kind sir," she laughed as she accepted his hand and soon he began twirling her about their bedroom, not bothering to follow the slow pace of the music.

They laughed together as they dance and stumbled about, and suddenly, it didn't feel like the world was ending. It felt like any other day. Happy and content. The atmosphere was light and they laughed so much that their stomachs ached.

But like all good things, their bliss had come to an end. Thunder crashed about in the distance, jolting them from their happy place as they looked to each other in sadness.

Their pace slowly down as they just began slow dancing, swaying gently to the beat of the music as they enjoyed the feeling of being in each others arms for the last time.

As the chorus rolled around again, a tear slid from Rapunzel's eyes.

"Oh lights go down, in the moment we're lost and found. I just wanna be by your side...If these wings could fly," she sang softly into Jack's ears and the brown haired boy began tearing up as well.

She kissed him on the cheeks as she continued, "Oh damn these walls, in the moment we're ten feet tall. And how you told me after it all, we'd remember tonight, for the rest of ours lives... If these wings could fly," she finished, crying freely now.

Tears ran down both their faces as they stopped dancing, even though the music continued to play in the background.

Jack kissed her forehead, then her cheeks and her nose before smashing his mouth against hers in a passionate kiss.

He only pulled away reluctantly when he felt the storm drawing nearer. It was only a few seconds away and he needed to say something to Rapunzel.

"I love you," he whispered desperately as they leaned their foreheads on each other.

Rapunzel gulped back tears as she stared into his devastatingly beautiful blue eyes, she could see the storm barging on their apartment window from the corner of her eyes, "I lo-"

But Jack never got to hear the end of the sentence, as the storm finally hit their apartment and plunged them into an eternal darkness.

~~
A/N:

Sorry for the feels, folks.