26. What Sound does a broken heart make? Oh, It's not yet broken.

Nick's POV

How I wished this moment lasts forever!

How I wished she'd be in my arms forever!

But this wasn't a fantasy, it is real life and this life is full of bullshits.

Her head pressed down my chest and I knew she felt more protected in between my arms. I didn't mind being her protector but what was I really protecting her from?

Oh yeah, I was protecting her from the real truth!

She had accepted the monster inside of me and she was willing to help me with the monster. All in the name of love.

Nicole had been wrong all along. Kaylan accepted the inner me and wasn't just friends with a monster but also in love with the monster.

The thing was I wasn't the one for Kaylan. She needed someone better with nothing to hide. She needed someone who has no dangerous family secret.

Speaking of family secrets!

A secret passed on from generation to generation. A secret that majorly involved the Sanders boys.

Some secrets are best not revealed! Like the Sanders family secret!

It hurts me that I lied to her of not knowing the Sanders family secrets. No one wants a relationship with lies. Lovers lie for each other not to each other.

How then can we secure a healthy relationship with secrets and lies in between. Signs that we were not meant for each other but I could still open up to her, I could feel her in on the Sanders secrets but I can't involve her in plan B, which was either live or die.

I am not involving her in any of it. It's better because she won't have to worry about me. I'll just do what I should have done days ago.

I'll say the speech I crammed.

No way! Not when she just confessed her undying love for me, I can't just ruin the moment.

I tightened my arms around her a little, I inhaled the smell of the strawberry shampoo she had applied on her hair. The evening breeze blew stronger, her eyes were closed.

We were still on the roof top. She didn't want to go home just yet, so did I . This could've been the opportunity we run away together like lovers do but we needed to face reality.

What is the worst feeling ever!

For me, it's breaking up with someone when you're still madly in love with them. It hurts real bad.

The thing was when you love something, you'll protect that thing ruthlessly.

Noel Sanders had been protecting Agnes Evans by not revealing the Sanders secret to her but when she snooped around and found out the secret, he had to break up with her because he knew her life would be at great risk being involved in a dangerous world. I knew Noel Sanders did love Agnes Evans even though they were married differently.

Our grandparents love story was similar to ours but the only difference is that I will break up with Kaylan before she finds out about the Sanders family secret and she will never see me again.

I hope our grandchildren won't have to meet to fall in love and get heart broken over again.

Every crime world had enemies. The Sanders cult wasn't an exception. We had lot of enemies and also a major one which was the FBI.

Apart from cheaters, I also hate cops!

The FBI have been trying to break the code of the ' S ' word( Tattoo ). Every member of the Sanders cult had an ' S ' tattoo. The ' S ' word simply for Sanders. This is to show our family ruled a crime world.