22. Before Hearts get broken

Nick's POV

"Kay, it's just that you told me about your life plans and I saw how good it is. I don't deserve to be in your life because I'm too bad for you and am sure you have been warned about me. So let's end this for the best!". I recited for the fifth time.

"That's a good one but you need to put in more passion and wear your facial expression". Nicole spoke as she opened the liquor bottle.

"So I have to do it again?". I asked.

"Yeah. You know the facial expression part is quite necessary alongside with the passion. So that she'll know you are not just joking". Nicole stands opposite me with the liquor bottle still in her hands blocking my view from the mirror I used to practice.

"Yeah, I know".

"So I'll be Kaylan, while you do your break up speech. Action!".

"Kay, it's just that you told me about your life plans and I saw how good it is. I don't deserve to be in your life because I'm too bad for you and am sure you have been warned about me. So let's end this for the best!". I was more realistic and passionate this time.

"Damn". Nicole shouts and burst into laughter.

"Don't tell me I fucked up again!". I didn't really want to do this.

"Nah. Not at all. Your facial expression killed it mehn". Nicole grinned.

"For real?". I asked.

"Yup and Kaylan would be like ' oh Nick, don't leave me, please, I love you! ' ". Nicole fakes a cry and then starts laughing aloud.

"It's not funny, Nicole!". I was getting annoyed. She was mocking Kaylan.

"I wasn't making a joke, I was just being realistic and besides I can't remember when last I cried over a guy. Oh I remember, I never did". Nicole snarked.

"Well, good for you". I remarked.

She never cried over a guy! While I cried over her when she left!

How foolish was I?

"You gotta perform again for Liz to see and score you". Nicole walked pass me to the mini bar.

"I've seen it already". Liz said from behind.

"For how long have you been watching?". I asked her because neither me nor Nicole noticed her presence.

"For quite some time". Liz voice was low.

"So how was he's performance?". Nicole asked her.

"It was very impressive, Nick. But I don't see why you should stress yourself for the long lines, when you can quickly end it with her with just few words and move on". Liz tone had a bit of venom.

I give her a look pretending not to understand her.

"Oh, don't give me that look, you know what I mean". Liz says. " ' Kay it's over!', then you walk away. That would save stress, right?". Liz emphasized.

"It's easier said than done". I said. I can't break Kaylan's heart that way not when what I feel for her is real.

"Not for badboys, Nick and I guess you are forgetting who you are!". Liz raised her voice a bit.

"You can even dump her through a text message. There's no big deal there". Nicole was getting bitchy and it was annoying.

"See I'm doing this my way". I was getting provoked.

None of them cared how Kaylan was going to feel emotionally, if I made the lines short. That was literally dumping her.

Liz had something big against the Evans sisters.