Chapter 31

Leira confusedly looked around to check if actually the whole school was looking at her. And yeah. They were.

  'Do I have something on my face?' She asked Alisha. Who was walking silently beside her.

  'Huh!' As if she just dropped to earth Alisha replied. She had been behaving a bit weirdly that day. It seemed as if she was thinking long and hard about something.

  'Of course not! You look just fine.' Alisha finally said. Still looking a bit worried.

  'Do you know that there was a party at Evan McAllan's place this Saturday? It was so fun!' She suddenly quipped in an almost fake energetic tone.

  'You know, I don't really keep track of those stuff.' Leira said. Unlike her, Alisha was a lot interested in parties and popular crowds. Violet never really cared about those. Probably because she was already one of the popular kids so, crowds and parties followed her.

  'Yeah! You're missing out on a lot. Jared pushed Ben on the swimming pool. It was so funny.' Alisha chuckles.

  Leira gave her a funny look on that. Violet never talked about the trio in front of her. She took extra care not to mention anything about them in front of her other than some rare occasions because of the history they shared. But she supposed, it was not Alisha's fault to be interested in the infamous trio. After all, everyone was interested in them.

  'Yeah, and then Emily became topless and she was like dancing on top of the table.......' Alisha trailed off talking about the party and Leira tuned out. It wasn't really her thing to hear about the latest gossips. What was she gonna do with who cheated on who and stuff?

  She did though hear bits and pieces of more details about the party. There was also some more mentions of Jared. It did sometimes struck Leira that Alisha always mentioned Jared a lot. But she didn't think much of that as always.

  'Oh! And did you read Ms. Flamethrower's blog post from this week?' Alisha suddenly asked, a little bit too enthusiastically.