Chapter 19

'She had made such a shrill scream that I had to recheck if my ears were alright.' At Jenna's words laughter follows at the table.

Right now everyone is sitting at the dining table, waiting for dessert and gossiping among themselves. Apparently Jared's ex girlfriend Cara Delre had come to have dinner and she was wearing a white dress.

Talk about ironic. The same maid with whom Laura clashed had spilled red wine at Cara. According to Jenna, unlike sweet Laura, Cara had screamed at the maid, curses at the maid then tried to fire her. Obviously because the maid wasn't Cara's employee so she's still working here.

'I don't understand what kind of girlfriends he chooses. I tried to research about it. But after such a long time of searching I've given up.' Jenna says after a question of Karen which Laura didn't hear.

But perhaps Jared has. Because right now his neck and ears have gone red from embarrassment.

'Mom! How many times do I have to tell you that she wasn't my girlfriend? I didn't even invite her. You are the one who invited her to dinner. Now you're putting all the blame on me.' Jared says in an annoyed tone.

Jenna scowls at her son.

'It's not my fault. You say the same thing about every girl. So I had to find out from the tabloids that you were dating her then I had to pull some strings to invite her over. How would I have realised you were right?

Jared sighs.

'It's again my fault. It useless to talk to you.'

Jenna narrows her eyes at him.

'Reid dear, how do you put up with this boy again?'

Reid uncomfortably looks at Jared. He's already uncomfortable sitting beside Laura and having Jared opposite of him. Now what is he supposed to say? That he doesn't even know himself how he puts up with ass of a boss. He can't really say that in front of his boss. So he decides to stay silent.

'Ah, such a sweet boy. See? Didn't say anything so that his boss doesn't become uncomfortable.' Jenna says.

Jenna's love for his secretary is getting a bit too much for Jared. Jenna considers Reid a family member. Well after being Jared's Secretary for last five years he has become like a second son to Jenna. Hence in Reid is here today. But he doesn't really mind actually. Reid's a pleasant company. But obviously Jared's never going to tell him that.

'So Laura, you haven't said a single thing during dinner. Why so quiet?' Jenna asks Laura.

Jared also looks at Laura expectantly. After coming from the garden Laura has become awfully quiet. Perhaps all those talking got to her. But her face is giving nothing away.

'Oh! It's nothing actually.' Laura answers. But then she looks at Reid and an evil glint flashes on her eyes. Or is Jared's eyes playing tricks with him?

'It's just that Reid is sitting next to me and not saying anything. So I'm feeling like I should keep my silence too.' Laura says in a too innocent voice.

Reid gives her a weird look. She's not talking. How it has anything to do with him?

'Reid, why aren't you talking with her even after seating next to her for last half an hour. Do you two not know each other?' Jenna asks Reid.

Before Reid can answer Laura beats him to it.

'Oh we know each other. Actually I met him way before I met Jared. And I gotta say, our first meeting was rather interesting.'

Reid's eyes become sky rocketed. Oh Jesus! What if she tells about his little stunt which he pulled in their first meeting? Jensen would scold Jared in front of everyone for being late. And Jared would make sure that his name is in the top of the list tomorrow at the bulletin board. SHIT!