Chapter 22

'I don't like this colour combination. It's too green. What do you think about the other one?' Marissa says without taking her eyes off the green curtains in front of her. When she gets no response she makes tsk sound and looks behind.

What comes into her view makes her grit her teeth. Jared's and Laura's cold war was fun to see till a while ago but now it's just making Marissa angry.

Jared is looking at the red curtain at his right and Laura is looking at her left. They both have a really hard look on their faces.

Marissa leaves an irritated sigh.

'Guys! Would you stop it? I brought you here to help me not to fight like pre schoolers!'

Jared and Laura both becomes a bit embarrassed at this. Jared's anger hasn't blown off yet after the whole car fiasco so he's giving cold looks to Laura from time to time. Which has been returned to him by Laura every single time.

Laura has been silent ever since she gotten out of her car. She's been thinking. More like scolding herself.

She was actually acting like a jealous girlfriend back in the car. Why did she confront Jared about sleeping with Marissa in the first place? What does it have to do anything with her? She even brought up Alisha stupidly.

Idiot! That's what she had been calling herself for the past half an hour. Who knows what Jared is thinking about her?

Seriously! She did NOT just think that!

'.......it's so frustrating.' Marissa finishes saying to Laura and Jared and Laura gets back to her senses. Laura notices Jared nodding so she nods too. Not knowing what is she agreeing to.

After a while of going through curtains Jared groans.

'Why am I here? I'm the boss. I shouldn't be here going through these flashy thingies.'

Marissa and Laura both roll their eyes.

'You're the one who was complaining because I was taking so much time choosing. Now see for yourself.' Marissa says.

'Someone had said that he would take no time to choose. Is my hearing going wrong?' Laura sarcastically says looking at Jared as Marissa starts smirking at Jared's reaction.

Jared thins his lips.

'No. Your hearing is not going wrong. Just watch how little time I take on choosing the perfect one.' Saying this Jared goes towards the displayed curtains again.

Marissa chuckles and follows suit.

They don't even look like that they've slept together. Laura thinks.

Urgh! Laura scolds herself at her traitorous thoughts which is still wondering to the fact that Jared has slept with Marissa.

Get your head out of the gutter. She says to herself.

After another half an hour when everyone is about to pull their hair because they still didn't find the perfect curtain a phone call saves Laura. As she goes to another direction with the excuse to receive her call, everyone looks at her with envy. If only they could go the hell away from these blasted curtains.

'V! I've been calling you non-stop since yesterday. Why haven't you been picking up?' Laura says in a rush.

A small chuckle comes from the other side.

'I was busy with the case.' Violet takes a pause.

'You know I almost lost to Ben yesterday. And it was just the first hearing. I don't have many points left to win this case. There's still some days till the next hearing. So the only thing I can do is to find more points.' Violet finishes.