Chapter 8

"I'm sorry for being so harsh to you earlier. I shouldn't have talked to you that way." Laura apologises in a guilty tone to the person standing next to her. They are in the parking lot to take their car.

After storming out of the room earlier, Laura went to the washroom to splash water on her face in order to cool herself. When she regained her normal face she realised that she did the most stupid thing in the world.

When Jared was talking to her in playful voice, she should've told him to back off in the same playful tone. Instead she blurted out such idiotic words and stormed out of there. If this is how she reacts every time Jared says something then how are they going to work together for five months!

After drying her face she got out of the bathroom and headed towards the room, where they were working. During her way to the room she decided that she will apologise to Jared in a polite tone.

But due to her very good luck she couldn't do as she planned. Apparently as the opening day of this project Reid brought a cake so that everyone can celebrate in the simplest way. So after Laura returned to the room, she and Jared had to cut the cake. Surprisingly no one asked her the reason for her sudden departure.

After cutting the cake the whole team took a group photo. There were too many persons around so Laura couldn't apologise and Jared kinda avoided her.

So here they are, in the parking lot. Jared looked at her and studies her for a second. Maybe to check if she is sincere.

When he realises that Laura is sincerely apologising he asks," Then why were you so harsh? I just gave you a compliment. Which I'm sure you get on a daily basis."

Laura couldn't answer back immediately. What is she supposed to say? Should she say that his compliment brought back unwanted memories. So instead she answers in the most unconvincing voice,"I wa....I was just in a bad mood."

Jared looked at her that clearly says that he doesn't believe her. Heck even she herself is not convinced. But luckily Jared doesn't say anything else. She's not sure if she could answer him if he asked.

Jared accepts her apology and says that he didn't mind. Laura thanks him and then they take their own cars and goes their separate ways. Before she leaves she notices that Jared's car is a black buggati which is really good looking just like his owner.

But still her love for her own car is much much more

But still her love for her own car is much much more. So she stops thinking about that black buggati and its black eyed owner.

......................

After Jared reaches his penthouse, he goes to the living room to attend a video conference with a famous Chinese company.

By the time the video conference finishes the clock reaches 7pm. Jared is drained from any energy that was in his body. Jared reaches for his tie to take that off. He leaves his coat, waistcoat and tie in the couch. He has been in this blasted suit for the whole day. Jared bitterly thinks.