Chapter 23

Laura gets out of the bathroom wearing a bath robe. Her hair is wrapped in a towel. She goes inside her closet to look for a dress to wear to the party.

Honestly speaking she would've never agreed to go to this party. But just today she realised she has nothing better to do and she still hasn't forgotten that stunt she pulled about Jared sleeping around yesterday.

So that her mind stops thinking about that guy she needs some drinks. And no place is better to do that than a club. Her train of thoughts come to an end when a dress comes into her spot.

It's okay. She thinks as she slips off the bathrobe and puts on the knee lengthed dress. She slips on a pair of black heels. It's not too high just two inches.

She takes a black clutch and gets out of the closet. As she stands in front of the dressing table and takes one of her ginger strand on her hand events of yesterday comes rushing back to her mind.

The rain was getting heavier by the second. Thunders had started booming. The scenes outside had already became blurry because of the heavy rain.

When Jared had gotten too fed up of Laura's irritating silence he opens his mouth.

'Are you really going to be like this? Not talking at all.'

Laura looked at him and replied innocently.

'What are you talking about?'

Jared thinned his lips.

'Really? I'm grasping for air here and you're not helping at all by keeping silence.'

Saying this he started tugging at his shirt's first buttons again. Like even after getting rid of his coat and tie, he was feeling hot.

Laura quirked her eyebrows.

'If you're feeling hot just turn on the air cooler.'

'Yeah, so that I die of cold. You'll obviously like that. Can't you see how cold the weather is?' Jared sarcastically said. 'Turn on the air cooler.' He mimicked.

Laura gritted her teeth.

'Do you have claustrophobia or something? That you're grasping for air in a car? Just because the window and doors are closed.'

This time it was  Jared who gritted his teeth.

'No, I don't. But I'm about to have that.'

'What kind of answer is that?' Laura asked.

Jared leaves an impatient sigh.

'Just talk. I'm sure it'll help.'

'I don't have anything to say. Why don't you talk? I'll listen.' Laura said softly. She was becoming a bit worried for Jared then cause he was actually looking troubled.

Jared didn't say. Just looked outside the window. When a minute passed by and Jared didn't say anything Laura thought perhaps he won't say anything. But then he opens his mouth.

'It was five years ago. During that time I wasn't even working at the company. But I knew Marissa because she was famous at our company for her good work. It was at a party where I met her. I was drunk, she was drunk so we hooked up. After that incident we never talked about it. It was an unspoken deal among us that we'd forget about it as an one night stand.'
Jared finished.