Chapter 27

Violet's pic on top.

Recap:

Laura went on a date with Diego. After almost spending the half day together Diego drops her off at her apartment and kissed her on the cheek. Leaving her shocked he left.

....................

  The phone keeps ringing for a while and then it stops.

  Laura rubs her face in frustration. Violet isn't picking up. Like always she's avoiding the situation.

  This can't do, Laura thinks. She grabs her keys and heads out. Her car comes to life moments later and then she's shooting out of the garage and driving towards Violet's place.

  She was so surprised when Violet's assistant called her just 1 hour after she came home. After picking up she learned that today Violet was brutally slaughterd by Ben in the court again and now Violet isn't picking up her phone.

  The reason behind James, Violet's assistant calling her is that tomorrow there's a very important meeting in their firm and he was afraid that Violet would do the same thing she did last year. Which is getting drunk like there's no tomorrow.

  So now Laura's going to go at her place and make sure Violet stays sober.

  After parking her car she goes up and rings Violet's doorbell.

  No response. So she rings again. Nothing. She starts ringing continuously now, knowing that Violet would probably start shouting in a second.

  'Who the hell is that?' Violet barks from the other side.

  'Open the door.' Laura shouts back so that Violet can hear her. Footsteps start approaching the door and then the door opens with a click.

  Violet's already retreating back towards her couch when Laura sticks her head inside following by her body. She doesn't become surprised when she takes in the trashed living room. She goes towards the kitchen and just as she suspected the kitchen is equally trashed.

  She quickly texts an - 'I got her' to Violet's mom knowing that she's probably worried. It has become a routine since Laura and Violet moved out of NY and went to England. Whenever Violet would do something like this Laura would text Violet's mom and take care of her. Violet does the same.

  Loud sounds start coming from the living room so Laura sticks out her head and sees that Violet's watching an action film in the TV while munching on chips and getting crumbs all over herself and the couch.

  Laura rolls her sleeves and gets to work. First she cleans the counter and then she mops the floor where suger, salt, flour and god knows what was scattered. This is what Violet does whenever she's fustrated which is to trash her kitchen.

  Then she fills two glasses with orange juice which was in the fridge and takes them to the living room.

  'Get up.' Violet does as Laura says and plops down on the couch again after Laura swats away the crumbs from the couch as much as she can.

  'So what are we watching?' Laura asks. Acting like everything is normal. Knowing Violet would tell her everything when she feels like it.

  Violet wordlessly gets up and puts a DVD on. Then she plops down on the couch again.