Chapter 16

Jared's pic on top. He aka Ben Barnes looks dashing in his office attire. Doesn't he?

Oh! Although I'm wishing later. But wish you all a very happy month of Ramadan.

..............

The scorching sun is looking at New York city with fury, mirrioring Jared's mood. He still can't get over from Laura's stunt yesterday. How could that girl do that?

How could she sit there and make fun of him like that? It was his deal. How dare she to stick her nose in a matter which doesn't concern her?

Urgh.. Jared tugs his own hair. His mood is taking a worse turn at these thoughts. Blasted expresso isn't helping either.

The automatic door of his room opens revealing a very wary Reid.

'Sir. They're downstairs.' Reid says. Choosing his words wisely so that he doesn't irk the devil himself who seems like is ready to kill whoever is in his arm reach. Maybe this is the reason why Reid is standing ten feet away from his boss.

Jared turns away from the glass wall and storms out of his office room. Taking two steps at a time. Reid starts almost running to catch up with Jared.

Six persons sitting in the round table straightens their posture upon noticing Jared. He rounds Reid's table and gets inside the small room which only has a medium sized round table with ten chairs.

This room is in Jared's floor. Whenever a small meeting is needed with Jared, it is held in this room. Jared pulls a chair roughly and takes his seat. The sound echoes through the whole room making everyone's heart stop with fear.

'How the hell not a single one of you realised that our file was altered?' Jared shouts as the persons sitting in the table cringe.

'It was altered! B-but how sir?' One asks.

Jared's face gets even more scarier.

'See. This is what I'm talking about. How can you be so idiot that you couldn't even realise that it wasn't your work?' Jared shouts. Again.

'Actually we did realise sir that it wasn't our work. But we realised it after the meeting.' Another member of the team says. Trying to stop Jared from shouting at them some more.

'It doesn't matter if you realised it after the meeting. What is important is the fact that I have some fools as my employee.' Jared bellows.

'This time we were lucky not to lose this deal. But what would happen when this happens again? All of you would probably sit like a statue when someone else would insult us like that. Not even realising that you're being fools.'

When Jared has finished venting his anger on everyone, everyone keeps silent with pale face waiting for Jared's next blow.

'At Diego's sudden outburst we all were shell shocked. And it never crossed our mind to recheck the file when we had already checked it before the meeting. We couldn't have guessed that our own work can be altered at the eleventh hour. Now could we? What matters is that we got the deal in the end. Right?' Marissa Sanders, the departmental head of interior designing says.

If it was any normal moment then Marissa would've flirted with Jared. Which she never stops. But because of Jared's mood today she refrains herself from doing so. Jared never stands anyone's informal behaviour. But he never says anything to Marissa. Because..

Marissa Sanders is the best at her work in this industry. If she wants she can open her own company. It's because of Jared's request that she still works in this company. So Jared can never find a replacement for her. But the problem is, she knows that too and she never misses to use it.