Part 1

Chapter 1

I looked around the office room, scanning for someone to scream at. My dark brown eyes landed on a short brunette. The look of terror that passed over her face was apparent.

"So you come into my office, ruin my daily pattern, to tell me that the Weilner Co. declined our offer! I was told that your department would handle this . You guys sat on your backsides chatting while I will lose 13% of the companies under our control! " I glanced around the room to see a couple of employes shaking. I was the "Monster" around the company, I wasn't the CEO of Parker Financing, but merely in charge of the ingnorant first year employes. They had passed their internship, but needed help before getting into the regular job force.

"Now, before you and all of your colleages lose your jobs, you better fix this. Right fucking now!" They all scatterd out of my office leaving me alone. Finally, I got the chance to sit down for the first time in an hour. The sigh of relief rushed out of my mouth, when my derriere connected with the plush seat. I threw off my heels, my feet aching. My long black pencil skirt was riding up my thigh, and my light blue button down shirt had a coffee stain on it. The day that I decided to coil my curly hair, was the day I was most stressed, but now it was fluffed, and wild. I wasn't that old, only 24. I just took on the role of and older person to make sure I was respected. Sometimes falling into my relationships. I was a "cute girl", but was too controlling.

My cellphone ringer went off, and my distant friend/ex Sean voice sounded. "Shea you're coming to the wedding, right? Rachael and I are waiting for you to come to the cabin."

My ex-boyfriend Sean was marrying Rachael in a couple of weeks and I was invited. They wanted to have a "rustic oasis", and decided on a lot where light pink flowers grew, and the cabins were connected with a walkway. It was irritating. Sean was my first real boyfriend, and now he was getting married. It stung when he invited me and still does. Though, I didn't want to appear stuck in the past, and agreed to be an honored guest. Complemented with my own cabin.

"Are you bringing a date? You were never the one to date much. If you want, I can call up a friend." Sean's voice was full of deceit.

"Oh. Of course! My boyfriend was excited for this trip." My voice oozed with false kindness. I had no boyfriend, and that was making me panic.

"Okay..Well we'll talk later." He hung up in a hurry. I had suprised him, and chuckled at the thought. Soon fear snuck up on me. How was I going to find a boyfriend? I hadn't dared to date anyone lately. But when I did, the men were thrown off with the idea that I didn't want them to come home with me. Anytime soon.