Chapter 26

I don't know how long I'm on the floor, but someone tripped over my foot, startling me. "Sorry Rose. I didn't see you there" Lacie laughed slightly. "It's okay" I shrugged half heartedly, sitting against the wall and hugging my knees to my chest. "What's the matter?" Lacie furrowed her eyebrows, sitting next to me on the hallway floor. "Nothing. It's just- its nothing" I shook my head, trying to avoid the topic. But knowing Lacie, I knew she would keep pressing until she got something out of me. "C'mon Rose, I know you too well. I'm not dumb, I know when something's up" she crossed her arms and raised her dark blonde, nearly brown, eyebrows expectantly. Quick Rose, come up with something. I couldn't tell her what really happened, she would tell. "It's nothing. Just some dickwad at work" I faked a laugh, hoping it was believable. She looked at me for another minute before getting up and brushing her pants off. "Alright," she began, "but if there's something you aren't telling me, you know I'll find out somehow" she spoke, only half kidding before walking down the hall and into the kitchen. I sighed, leaning my head back against the wall.

--the next afternoon--

*knock knock knock*

"Who is it?" I called, my voice muffled due to my head being shoved into my pillow. "It's me. Can I come in?" Mel. I groaned. Everyone had been coming to check on me all day considering I hadn't gotten out of bed since last night. "Rose" she pleaded, opening the door, "Leave me alone" I grumbled, burying myself under the covers and hugging my tie dye beanie pillow to my chest. "C'mon Rose, you have to get up" Mel sighed, her footsteps getting closer to the bed. "Why?" "Rose, you haven't eaten anything since last night." "Not hungry" I responded, cocooning myself even further. "Rose honey, you have to eat something" she begged. "I told you Mel, I'm not hungry" I huffed, tossing the covers off and sitting upright, facing the dark haired woman. "This isn't like you, are you sure you're okay?" She asked concerned, feeling my forehead. I swatted her cool hand away from my sweaty face and rolled onto my side, facing the wall. "I'm fine. Just... A little under the weather is all" I lied. Nothing about me was fine. "Alright. You leave me no choice" Mel mumbled under her breath, tugging me by the arm. "No! Mel stop! I don't wanna!" I whined, being a dead weight. She managed to haul me off of the bed and onto the floor, but I still refused to cooperate. So she pulled me. By the arms. Out the door. And down the stairs. Having no energy left in my entire being, I gave up. She won.

UPDATED TWICE. THERE YA GOOOOOOO!