34

A few yards from where I was, I realized that this is not really a forest but like a villa. There were high walls that if I'm not mistaken is surrounding the place. I was careful not to walk through the clear path, but stayed on behind the bushes and trees so nobody could see me.

Maybe, if this is an ordinary situation, I will get scared walking outside at night. But knowing Kiko is in danger removes my fears away. Thankfully, the moon is shining brightly. Is it full moon?

I ran and ran until I saw a high gate. There was a guard standing by, and looking around him, I saw CCTV cameras. Heart beating faster than ever, I crept down the overgrown bougainvilla bushes, and despite I feel the thorns scraping my skin, I crawled to get a better view of the gate without the guard noticing me. The gate seems to be the main entrance and exit to this villa. But if this place is large, there might be another way out. All I have to do is go out, call for help and call the officials so I can save Mara too.

"Hey."

I felt my heart left my chest at the voice. Looking up, I saw Lance. He is talking to the guard.

"Do not leave the gate unattended and never accept any persons okay?"

The guard nodded and resumed his post. I saw Lance walk towards me. He stood right in front of me.

I held my hand up to my mouth. If Lance checked his shoes, or if he crouch down, he'll surely see me. I can hear my heart beating loudly, I'm afraid he would hear it.

"Hello, it's Lance." He was talking on the phone. "They're searching for them? Okay. I got it. I'll check on her... No, I took her to my room... I told you I won't hurt Mara... Fine. I'll check on her. Bye." He put his phone on his pocket.

Don't look down please... Don't look down...

Lance kicked a stone.

sht.

He looked down at his shoes.

I felt my tears fell down my eyes.

"Tss. What a nuisance." Then he left.

"Hah." I rested my head on my arms for a while, then I crept backwards and stood. The guard is fixing something on his radio, so I was able to run to follow Lance. Again, I passed behind the bushes and plants so he did not see me. After a while, I saw a three-storey house. The lights are on, and I can hear music from the inside. I saw Lance walk up the stairs to the porch. Somebody opened the door and he went in. I looked up the roofs and walls to see if there were CCTVs. I saw one near the porch. I better not go near the CCTV's range of view. I walked away and saw another house, but it is smaller, just one floor. It probably is a recreation area. I walked behind it. Still I saw walls, no other way out. I continue to walk behind the bushes until I came at the back of the big house. I saw a window open on one ground floor room and saw Lance look out the window. He had spat something outside. The window, like the room I've been in, is sliding. He let it open. I crouched down, and sort of crawled on all fours to the ground right under the window. Thankfully, there are plants here so I will not be easily seen.

I heard Lance talking.

"---I told you. I don't know where the others took her."

"You piece of!"

That's Mara!

Thank goodness she's fine!

"Words, Mara. You know I adore you, but if you continue to piss me off, I might lose my patience."

I can say Mara is crying, "Why are you being like this Lance!? You're not like this!"

"Then what am I like, Mara?"