21

"Rose!"

I blinked. "W-What? I... Uhm. I'm fine," I said, looking down. I'm afraid Kiko might see what I was thinking.

"Rose, I'm going. My cousin is waiting for me," Lance said and I nodded. He went back inside the shop.

Kiko turned to me and his expression is very serious. He is even frowning slightly. "Why were you with him?"

"He's our classmate, why?" I said. I don't want to admit the fact that the accusation in his voice is what I also am starting to feel about Lance.

"Tsh. I thought you have a family get-together?" He asked.

I pretended not to hear him.. "Why are you here?"

"I was buying something for Koki," he said, showing me a paperbag.

"Why didn't he buy it himself?"

"He said he was going somewhere. He didn't tell me, he even did not go with me to our father."

I coughed. So he did not know his brother was in our house this morning.

"Are you sick?" he asked.

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm alright."

"So... Are you through shopping?"

"Oh no, I did not shop. I just walked around, you know.. window shopping." I laughed again. "But if you're going home, I'll go with you."

"You mean you didn't buy anything?"

"Yes. It's not that I have to. I mean--" but I was not able to finish my sentence. He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to the clothing store where I saw the blouse. "Why are we... here?"

"Choose anything. I'll buy it for you."

(ಠ∀ಠ)

"Why do you look like that?" He asked me.

"Gahahahaa! I know you're crazy rich, but no need to flex me your money," I said slapping his arm slightly. "Let's go---"

"No. I insist, Rose," he's dead serious. "I haven't bought you any gift."

When I did not react, he sighed.

"Think of it as a gift. Because you were so patient with us," he said. Then he went to check the clothes. "If you don't want to choose, I will choose for you."

"Ey--" I said and stopped him. "There's really no... Alright! Just buy me this one." I pointed at the pastel pink blouse.

He smiled. "Okay."

He took the blouse to the cashier. When we got out, he again held my hand and pulled me into a restaurant called Boni Cierre.

"I don't want to eat--" I protested. But no use, because he had already seated and a waiter have approached us. The waiter questioningly looked at me so I sat opposite Kiko, sincerely praying that the food here is within my budget.

"Here's the menu," the waiter said giving me a big diamond-shaped blue card.

My eyes bulged when I saw the price. The food costs over 500 pesos!

Are the ingredients here gold? Is their salt from the moon or what?!

"Give us your best seller," Kiko said and took the menu. He smiled at me.

"What's the best seller?" I asked the waiter.

He pointed at Bavette a la Bordelaise and my jaw dropped. It's 1,250 per plate.

The waiter talked to Kiko who ordered more food. I felt slightly dizzy as I listen to him. Not because the names of the food is difficult to spell, but because every syllable he pronounce sounds expensive.