22

"Rose? Rose are you alright?!"

"Y-Yes..." I looked out and saw the guy enter. He's looking around. I crouched down and whispered to the phone. "A guy seems f-following me and I'm--I'm scared!"

I am positive he's following me. The way he smiled a while ago and how he kept looking at me while he walked made me felt sure he did follow me.

"Sht! Where are you?! Tell me!" He sounds like he's running.

"A-At a bookstore... Llander's Bookstore, at Vermont Street---he's inside too. I know he's waiting for me--"

"Don't go out! Stay where there are people! Do you hear me?"

I choked, "Yes..." My heart is beating so hard I feel a bit sick. My forehead is sweating and the cold from the air conditioning makes me feel as if I'm going to have a fever.

"I'm nearly there... Don't end the ca---

TOOOT TOOOT TOOOT--

Horrified, I stared at my phone.

The screen's blacked out.

Just as I lower my hand, I saw a pair of shoes stop in front of me. I slowly looked up, and saw the guy smiling at me. I felt my skin shiver.

He knelt down on one knee and levelled his eyes with mine. "Hi. Remember me?"

I swallowed then nodded.

"Y-You're Sir Lustre's friend."

He laughed. "Ah, I haven't told you my name then. I'm Kurt. Sorry about Cassey. She's becoming a nuisance lately but she's a wonderful companion."

I forced a smile.

Kurt raised his hands and held my shoulders, I flinched. He laughed again. "Are you scared, Rose?"

"H-How do you know my name?"

"Cassey told me." He pulled me up to stand. I stepped backwards to remove his hands on me. He seemed not to notice my rudeness. He continued to show his foul smile, "Do you want to have dinner? I know somewhere good." He took a card from his jacket's pocket. He gave it to me.

I looked at the card but did not accept it.

BELUS Ltd.
2019
Gold Membership

I was not able to read everything because he put it back inside his pocket. "Seems like you're not trusting me?"

I smiled nervously, "N-No I'm not!"

"Really?" He took a step forward.

I took a step back, and I felt the bookshelf behind me. The girls had left, and two or three persons are on the far corner. And we're blocked off view by the high shelves.

"I-I need to go," I said and I was about to step sideways when he moved his hand to grab me.

I was very much ready to shout at him when someone pulled Kurt away. I heard a sound of knuckle hitting something and next thing I saw, Kurt's holding his face.

Koki is in front of me, blocking me from Kurt. He's panting, his shoulders are heaving up and down, and when he glanced at me, I saw anger in his eyes.

Relief gushed throughout my system.

Kurt laughed, "Hey kid. Why did you punch me?"

"You harassed her, that's what you've got. Get the hell out of my sight or I'll break your bones." Koki is barely speaking but his words came clear and threatening.