26

Nothing in all of MIS's history had a thing as grave as this happened.

The school suddenly became frighteningly quiet today. I mean, whispers are going on around, and trust me, if you go to the CR and hear whispers, you wouldn't like staying inside longer. Students all over school are talking and will surely be talking about what happened. Although the teachers are trying their best to hush the students and proceed to class as if nothing happened, still, no one can deny the tension in the air.

Most specially in our class. Nobody is speaking when I, Koki, and Janeth came in. But eyes followed Janeth as she sat down her seat, with her head bowed. She didn't say anything upon going out of the clinic, and I didn't ask her unless she seems ready. Though I know if the teachers had asked her the same question I asked, she could have given the same answer.

"Where is your brother?" I whispered to Koki the moment we sat down our chairs. Kiko's seat is empty and there is no sign of him being here.

"I don't know, he went to school before me," Koki said looking at his brother's seat too. He took his phone and typed something. I faced forward because Sir Gacayan entered, looking older than he is.

"Morning, class," he said, sounding stressed. He looked at us for a while, the gave a weak smile. "I know you've been terrified of what happened today. But I want to tell you that everything is being taken care of, the police are investigating this, and the school and its administration are helping to the utmost so we can find out the roots of this... this incident. Ms. Brenton is already in a stable condition although she's still unconscious. I know many of you might know her, but... whatever you know, if only you have an idea about the cause of her action, please do not hesitate to tell me." He paused, "Okay?"

Several murmured their assent and some merely nodded. Janeth's head is still bowed down. I hope she's alright.

"Sir, please?" Caster raised his hand. Many were surprised that he will speak up, so all eyes were now looking at him expectantly. Sir Gacayan nodded and Caster stood up. "Based on what I heard, Hannah had been lying there for hours. It means she did it last night... How did she enter the school if it is closed in the evening?"

Some whispered to one another. Caster had a good point.

"That is something the security team is investigating right now, because the gates are locked at night."

"Oh my gosh, it gives me shivers," Leila said quite loudly.

"So is it possible she didn't leave the school?"

Everyone suddenly went still. Yes, that could be possible.

Sir Gacayan shook his head, "Ms. Connie Aguile, a friend of Hannah, claims she talked to her outside of school right after class."

"Maybe she came back?" Jemaine said. Those seated around her nodded.

"Connie said she saw Hannah went inside a car and left," Sir Gacayan said.

Nobody spoke.

"Now, are you all present?" Sir Gacayan asked, clearly wanting to change the topic. His eyes fell on the empty chair beside me. "Where is Kiko?"

I wanted to say something, but my attention was caught by Lance. He is smirking in a triumphant sort of way. When he saw me looking, he mouthed something that I can almost hear inside my head.

"I told you."

----

'The number you have dialed is out of coverage area. Please try your call later or leave a message after the beep.'