33

Rose! Rose! Wake up!

Ugh.

What was that...?

I felt my head throbbed painfully as I become conscious of my situation. I remember I was taken together with Mara.

Mara!

I opened my eyes and looked around me. I am at a room with no furniture, only a torn-down bed I bother not look at. I gazed out the windows. These were boarded with pieces of wood. As I can see light from the holes, I realized it might still be daytime.

How many hours did I pass out?

I stood and went to the door. It's locked.

Where the hell am I? I only have seen this kind of scenario in movies!

Wait, who was calling me before?

I tried turning the door knob but to no avail. I'm stuck here and I don't know what happened to Mara.

I hope she's okay. Those bastards better not hurt her or else...

I clenched my fist. What could I do? I am not Superman. I can't do anything. I am weak...

I sat down the floor and buried my face on my palms. If only Koki is here...

Koki. Does he even know what happened to me?

I guess not.

Maybe he's out there in his usual hiding place in school. Sleeping. Not minding the classes he's missing.

I hope this is all just a dream. I would rather go around the school campus looking for the Avilas than be in this kind of situation. What if Mom and Dad learned what happened to me? What if these people asked for ransom money? We don't have millions! What would happen to Dad?

Fearful thoughts ran through my mind. I can feel my eyes tearing up. I wanted to cry but I know crying won't solve anything. I stood and banged my hand on the door.

"Let me out! Let me out please!"

No response.

I pressed my left ear on the door and listened for sound. It's very quiet on the outside. I went to the windows. I can hear the rustle of the wind, but other than that, it's also quiet. As there is no sound from vehicles, I can guess that I'm very far from the road. Am I in a forest? I tried to peek at the gaps, and based on the trees that I see, it's somewhat a forest outside.

I tried pushing the windows but these are still firmly attached. The glass on it is opaque and dusty, but knocking my fingers on the glass, I realized it's not your ordinary glass. I went back to the door and banged on it.

"Let me out! Help me! Help!" I repeated these until I can feel my throat hurt. I slumped back on the floor. Will someone come and take me out?

I rested my back on the wall, and hugged my knees. I bowed my head and waited.

I didn't know how much time had passed, I might have fallen asleep. But when I stood, the light outside is fading.

It's getting dark. It's probably 5 or 6 pm. I bit my lower lip to keep myself from crying. I banged again on the door.

"Let me out! Please! I will do anything! Just let me out!" I stopped.

There is nobody else here.

That realization struck me hard that I felt fear fill up my system. Mom probably is very worried that I am not yet home. She might be calling the school at this hour to ask. What would happen to her upon realizing I'm kidnapped?