9

Note: This chapter contains gruesome description. Please don't read it while you're eating.

-------

"Someone is... as you said, someone's in the rooftop, Rose. And she's planning to jump."

All the cheers that are still ringing in my head suddenly went silent after hearing what Kiko had said. I gaped at him for a second, and when I spoke, I wasn't surprised to hear panic in my voice, "What?! But why didn't we tell the teachers?!"

"No time. Let's go!" He said, leading the way.

We got in the elevator. He pressed 4. We have to run the stairs up to the rooftop.

I don't know if it's because of running, or because of fright, that makes my heart racket like this. I looked at Kiko. He's looking at me.

"Do you think Koki got to her?" I asked with worry.

"Hopefully." He looked away.

"How did you think she's going to jump?"

"She's trying to climb up the railing."

I got goosebumps. I can still picture the height I was some minutes ago, it was crazy. I hope she's ok.

I sighed. Going up seems to be a very long journey. When the elevator door opened at the 4th floor, we hurried to the stairs going to the rooftop.

Strong gush of the wind greeted us there. Kiko walked ahead of me, looking everywhere. "She's not here."

I looked at the floor for any sign of someone being here, but there's nothing.

"Where could Koki be?" I asked aloud. Relief came to me as I realize the girl didn't jump. But who could she be then?

"Let's get down. He might be in the room," he said as he walk away. I jogged to catch up with him. But he didn't speak anymore even until we reached our classroom where cheers and applause greeted us again.

I watched Kiko as he slumped into his chair, ready to sleep. Koki is not yet here, where could he be now?

"Chabellina, we didn't know you're sporty!" Lance said and our classmates laughed.

"How many scores did our class had?" I asked as I sit on my chair.

Leila leaned from her chair to face me, "35 points. Nice, eh?"

I smiled. "How about our score for the race? Was it announced?"

"Yep. 21 points. You lost just by a point and got the second place but still, we won." She gave a high five. "Mara was so happy."

"You know Hannah Brenton? That model from 2A?" Jessie, Leila's seatmate, said.

"Yes. What about her?" I asked.

"Well, she cried," Jessie and Leila laughed.

"You should have seen her face when she got down, she's so disappointed! Her teammates were obviously frightened of what they've done, but she kept nagging them." Leila shook her head in disgust. "I thought she's okay, that Hannah."

"Yeah, me too."

I didn't comment. It's really true that one can never have everything at once.

Our conversation stopped when the door opened and Mara came in.

"Mara!" some exclaimed as our class rep walked to the front, looking grievous.

The festive atmosphere suddenly vanished. Our classmates' smiles ebbed away as they look at Mara's expression.