4

Social Sciences, Class III-3A. They said that our section is the most boring out of the nine third year senior high students. We aren't that bad academically, but we aren't very competitive. Unlike Class 1A and 2A whose students are all excelling both in academics and extra-curricular. True enough, we have few athletes and quiz bee masters in our midst, but it's either they had quit or they don't participate most of the time. Our section is often in the shadows, but we like it that way because we don't have to feel very much pressured.

However, none of us have thought that by next Monday, we will be the topic of the whole MIS.

"Would they give us detentions?" Ganymede nervously whispered to Mara and I as we walk to the Prefect's Office early Monday morning. I still have my bag on, because they had been waiting for me by the gate. Apparently, the school disciplinary council likes to interrogate us.

"No, I don't think so," Mara said, "Sir Gacayan told me they just want to ask us what happened." She gave us a rather nervous smile.

"Have you told your parents?" Ganymede asked again. "I didn't tell Dad, you know him, he'll freak out and might get five of his lawyers ready." Her family owns a famous law firm, I saw his dad before. He's overprotective of her since her mom died when she was ten.

"I didn't. But I know they'll know it soon," said Mara. Her mom is a stockholder in the school.

They looked at me.

"Er... I told my Dad."

"Really, what did he say?" Ganymede asked eagerly.

"He said it probably is just a...prank." I gave them a small smile. "But I didn't tell my mother. She might fuss."

"I envy your dad's cool. I wish Daddy, too." Ganymede said darkly as we climb the stairs to the very front building. It was three-storey, which is considered as the main building since the administration office is found here. There is a research facility at the third floor, and the second floor is where the conference room and the Office of the President are. The Prefect's Office is on the first room in the ground floor, beside the faculty room.

"I've never been here before," Mara said when we were at the door. That is a saying, because Mara started studying in MIS Primary School.

"Let's get inside," Ganymede said and she pushed the door open.

It was a spacious room, cream colored paint as most of the offices. The brown and white curtains adore the windows. There is a long table that may seat 10 persons, and on the far opposite is Ms. Capalaran's table. She's not here yet. We remained standing near the door.

Our eyes focused on the mahogany door left of the office. A sign saying 'Disciplinary Council Office' is perched above it.

"That's the guidance counselor's office," Ganymede whispered and we both nodded. "Oh, I hate this!"

"Ssh! Gan, we didn't do anything wrong okay?" Mara said. "They just want us to tell them how we found that uniform."

Ganymede fell silent.

I stared at my feet. I didn't tell Mara and Ganymede, even to my Dad, that I saw somebody enter our room last Friday afternoon. I don't know, I just feel like I should not say anything. It's like... I am afraid.

But afraid of what?

I asked that to myself so many times over the weekend. But I can't think of a reason.

I simply feel afraid.

Just then, the door of the Disciplinary Council Office opened and Ms. Capalaran smiled at us. She's holding a folder. Another teacher whom we recognize as the guidance counselor, Mr. Alfredo, went out after her. He was a fat little man with few gray hairs. He seems like a warm person, but rumor has it that he turns into a dragon when angry.