Bonus Chapter 1- Aria & Antonio

This chapter is going to be about Aria and Antonio (Tyberias' parents) and how they met. It is set in Jordan (where Aria is originally from)

ARIA'S POV

I squinted as the sun hit my face and I continued to dip my legs into the lake near my house. I always came here to think. There was something about the serenity that helped me clear my mind.

I come here every day just to spend some time away from my family. My mom has been pushing me to start looking for a husband, claiming that I'm 'old' even though I'm only 20.

I hate it here. It's almost like the only goal for a female is to find a nice man and have kids. Although I did want that in the future, I wanted to explore first. Maybe even get a job or got to university. When I voiced my thoughts to my mother she simply to stop having 'stupid dreams' and to be realistic.

"Mind if I sit next to you? You look like you could use company." I heard a rough voice say. I looked up and my lips parted slightly as I saw who the voice belonged to. The man had pitch black hair with dark brown eyes and a light bear covering his jaw. He didn't look like he was from around here and his accent was more than enough to prove so.

"Sure. I'm Aria" I smiled and shuffled on the dock so there was enough room for him.

"Antonio" he said and gave me a charming smile.

"Italian?" I guessed and he nodded.

"I've always wanted to go to Italy." I sighed thoughtfully. The only place I've ever been to is America to visit a few friends.

"It is a lovely country." He agreed with a nod.

"So Aria, what's a beautiful girl like you doing sitting here all alone."

"Just thinking about... life"

"I find that the best place to contemplate is in the shower. You should try it sometime- it's very therapeutic."

"I'll make sure to give it a try. So Antonio, what brings you to Jordan, you don't look like you're from around here."

"Just business- boring stuff, really, so I'll spare you the details."

"So you're a businessman?" I asked and he hesitated before answering.

"You could say that." He replied and I decided not to interrogate him any further.

We continued to talk for about an hour about anything and everything- our favourite books, films, celebrities. What I loved most was how much we had in common. When he soon announced that he had to leave, he offered to was me home since it was getting late. I accepted and tried to hide my disappointment as much as I could because I secretly wanted to spend more time with him.

***

The next day I came to the same lake again and sat in the exact same spot. I knew it was stupid, but I was hoping to see Antonio again. I was waiting for about half an hour when I decided to finally leave.

"I didn't know if you would show today." I heard a voice. I smiled before turning around.

"Antonio?"

"The one and only. I hope you weren't expecting anyone else."

"I just didn't know if you'd come again. I was kinda hoping you would though."

"I'm glad to hear that"

Once again we talked for what seemed like hours where we got to know everything about each other. I've never opened up to anyone like I have to Antonio but it just felt natural when I was with him.