Chapter 15- Vulnerable

JULIANA'S POV

I was most definitely not over him.

A couple days passed and he had been stuck in my mind. We still giving each other the silent treatment but something in particularly today was wrong with him. He refused to go to work claiming he 'didn't feel like it' and hadn't eaten anything all day.

I wasn't complaining though, at least I didn't need to see his stupid beautiful face.

It was around 10pm and I had just walked out of the shower and changed into my pyjamas.

I was about to head to bed when I heard sniffling from the room opposite mine.

Tyberias' room.

I rolled my eyes. He probably had a cold or something. I slowly creeped out of my room and poked my head into his, about to tell him to be quiet because I couldn't sleep but my eyes widened at what I saw.

He was sat on the edge of his king sized bed with his head in his hands staring at a picture in front of him. I squinted towards it and saw what looked like Tyberias with his arms wrapped the shoulder of a young boy who looked to be about 15.

"I'm sorry, Matteo. I'm so fùcking sorry" he muttered, his voice cracking halfway through.

I should've probably left but my feet stayed rooted on the ground. I couldn't just leave him like this, right.

"Tyberias?" I slowly said as I walked inside the room.

As soon as he saw me, he quickly wiped his tears and stuffed the picture under his pillow.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and cleared his throat.

"What's wrong?" I answered with a question.

"Nothing. You should go" 

"You can tell me anything" I said as I walked towards him and sat next to him on the edge of his bed.

He looked at me before bursting into tears. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I slowly ran my fingers through his hair as he buried his head inside my neck and continued to quietly shed his tears.

My heart broke at seeing him this vulnerable. He was always so calm and collected, it only further reminded me that he was also human.

"Do you want to talk about it" I said and began to wipe his tears with my thumb.

He shook his head.

"Whatever it is you're hiding, it helps to get it off you're chest. Trust me." I continued.

He slowly pulled away and reached for the photo under his pillow.

"That's my brother Matteo" he said and pointed his finger to the boy next to him in the photo.

"He looks just like you" I smiled.

"Yeh, he did"

"Did?"

"Do you remember the day I saw you in town and helped you with your bags?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well, I was just coming back from Matteo's funeral." He said and I saw more tears escape his eyes.

"How- How did he die?" I said, nervous to discover the answer.

"He-He killed himself." He said, his voice shaking.
"With my gun. He must've taken it when he visited me." he added.
"And it's all my fùcking fault. I should've payed more attention to him. He would always call me and ask me to hang out but I would always tell him I was busy.I still remember the day he did it. He called me just before  and told me he loved me and that he was sorry. I was heading straight to him because I knew something was wrong when I heard a gun shot on the other end of the line. Then I heard his fùcking body drop to the ground. I should've been quicker, maybe then I could've stopped him." He said, choking on his tears halfway through.

"It's his birthday today. He should be turning 16." He said angrily and flung the lamp on the nightstand across the room.

I instantly brought his head down to the crook of my neck and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He instantly relaxed and fully embraced me.

"It's not your fault. You can't blame yourself" I muttered."

A couple minutes passed and he looked up to me through his long lashes

"I'm an idiot, I never should've let you go" he said as he pulled me close to his body.

"Why did you?" I quietly asked.

"I don't know. I just feel guilty whenever I'm happy because I know I don't deserve it. And you make me happy, Juliana, so... I pushed you away to punish myself." He added and I held my breath at his confession.

I didn't know how to react to what he just said.

"I don't expect you to forgive me straight away but I'm going to do everything I can to make you mine." He said and I slowly nodded.

"You should get some sleep. You need to rest." I said as I slowly pulled away.

He nodded and began getting into bed.

"Will you be okay on your own?" I asked as I slowly began putting the covers over him.

He nodded and his eyes began to close due to his tiredness.

"Goodnight" I whispered and leaned down to lay a kiss on his forehead before leaving.