Chapter Seven

(Sorry it's short but I really just didn't want to write this chapter but I knew I needed to get something out. Blaaaah. Oh well. Hopefully you guys enjoy it!)

((This dedication goes to her because she has voted and commented on every chapter so far and they made me smile as well as positive! Thank you doll!!(: now enjoy.))

The flight was long and boring. Milly chose to ignore everyone, she was not happy with the predicament she was in. The flight took about four hours, and then the drive took another four. The sun was just starting to rise in the horizon when they arrived at their final destination. Milly stepped out of the car and looked around. Nothing but fields, seem to stretch on for miles, on all sides of the two story farm house.

If she wasn't being forced to be here, she would probably actually enjoy this stay. Milly wasn't big on being told what to do. Her parents quickly learned that. Alice, who looked like she just stepped out of a magazine, walked around to Milly's side of the car and offered to help her with her bags. Milly shook her head, "I'm a big girl, I can get my own bags."

Alice shrugged before walking off. She was just trying to be polite but if Milly didn't want her help, fine, piss on her. Once she was alone, she actually felt slightly bad for snapping at Alice. Milly knew it wasn't Alice's fault. If she needed to be snippy with anyone, it would be Jake. The whole flight and ride, he hadn't said a whole two words to her. It kind of pissed her off. What made him too good to talk to her now that she knew who he really was. Milly let out a sigh before throwing her bags over her shoulder and approaching the house. She opened the door and stepped inside, nearly running into the three agents who were standing right on the other side of the door. "Whoops, sorry."

Jake sighed, shooting glares at Milly. He was beyond pissed right now, and he was doing everything he could not to blow up on her. She hadn't done anything wrong except agree to be his date for the wedding and now look where that got her. It got her way out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but miles and miles of fields in every direction. Texas, you just had to love it. "Milly, I'll show you to your room so you can put your bags down and then I'll give you a tour of the house."

She nodded before following Jake up the stairs. Her room was the last door on the left. Jake swung the door open and motioned for her to come on in. Milly stepped inside and smiled. The room was painted in a light blue color. With two windows on each exterior wall. The room had two white nightstands on each side of the queen sized quilted bed as well as a matching white dresser and computer desk. She opened up the closet and set her bags down inside it. The room wasn't much, but it was something. "This is Alice's sisters old room." Milly turned around to face him, she could tell he was hiding something but she couldn't tell what it was. She didn't stop to think that this house actually belonged to one of them. "That's cool, I guess." Milly felt kind of awkward around Jake now, however she could still feel all these mixed emotions, no matter how mad she was at him.

"So, what does the rest of the house look like?"

"Follow me."

On the upper floor there were four bedrooms and each room shared a bathroom with the room next to it. So, Milly and Alice would share a bathroom on the left side of the hall, leaving Jake and Jason sharing the other bathroom. By the time they got to the bottom floor, where the master bedroom, kitchen, dining room, and living room where, the two other agents had already turned the dining room into techie's heaven. There was all sorts of equipment that was waaay above Milly's paygrade. She was finally starting to understand how important this was.

"I think I'm going to head into town to grab a bite to eat. Anyone want to join me?" Jake rubbed his stomach. He felt like he was about to die of hunger.

Alice got up off the floor and smiled. "I'm game. Milly, are you going to join us?"

Milly frowned. She knew they would not let her stay here by herself and she didn't want Jason to have to stay behind so she nodded reluctantly. "Sure, I'll go."

"Well, I guess I'm going too. Ooooh, hey, can we eat at the diner on fifth street? I always have loved that place?"

Alice and Jake both laughed at Jason as the shook their heads and walked to the car. Alice pulled the keys out of her pocket. "I'm driving."

"Of course you are, this is YOUR hometown."

"Hey, it's mine too!"

They all laughed at Jason and Alice nudged Jason. "Nobody cares, Jace."

Alice chuckled and rolled her eyes at Jake. The FBI has been using her family farmhouse for the past four years because both her parents and sister were dead. The only ones still alive were Jason and their brother Daniel.

Jake climbed into the backseat with Milly. "So, what do you think of this place so far?"

"It's pretty," Milly said coldly, distancing herself. She glared at him before staring out the window.

Jake sighed inwardly. "Look, I'm sorry I got you into all this mess. If I knew those men would have been there, I wouldn't have brought you. I'm sorry."

Milly held her chin up high and mumbled, "whatever." She wasn't going to give into him that easily. No sir, no way. That wasn't who she was. She relaxed against the backseat and didn't say a single word to any of them the rest of the night.