Chapter Six

Jake looked at his partner and his boss. "Dammit, we aren't getting anywhere!!" He grimaced as he moved his arm. The bullet that tore through his arm was a through and through so the doctor put him in a sling and sent him on his way.

"Agent Thomas, calm down."

Jake narrowed his eyes at Director Wilson. "I wouldn't be so pissed if they didn't open fire at Shayln's wedding! My family is in danger now. I need to let them know the truth... and Milly needs to know the truth!"

Jason looked at Jake before sighing. "Director Wilson, I think Jake is right. He can't keep them in the dark."

Director Wilson exhaled sharply. "I guess you're right. The cops are already there. I'll get protection detail there when we are done here. You and Jason go see your family, I'll explain everything to Milly. Then when you get back, we will send you somewhere safe. Somewhere different from your family. We will handle this accordingly. Then once you are safe, the other agents will focus on finding Antonio's men and then Antonio."

Jake and Jason nodded before standing up and walking out the director's office. "I'm sorry, Jake."

Jake looked at his partner. "It's whatever. I just want to know what they were doing there." They reached Jake's car in record time. He pulled his gun out, checked the clip, before stuffing it into his center console.

They didn't say anything as the sped off towards his family home.

__________*__________

Milly was nervous and scared. She had no idea what was going on and she didn't like being kept in the dark. She had been sitting in a glass room that had only one table and three chairs. She didn't know how long she had been here. Every second that passes seemed like an eternity. They took her phone so she couldn't contact anyone. It was for everyone's safety.

Milly looked up from her lap when she heard the door open. A man in his late 40's walked in. He was a short stocky man with salt and peppered hair with a pair of bright blue eyes and high cheekbones. Milly couldn't help but to think that he was probably hot back in his earlier days. "Miss Milani. I'm Donald Wilson, Director of the FBI. "

Why was the director coming to see her? "Hello. I would say it's nice to meet you buuttt....."

Director Wilson chuckled. "I completely understand, Miss Milani. I'm here to tell you what is going on and what is going to be done about it."

"Okay." Milly's head was spinning. She had no idea what was going on and she didn't like it. Maybe now she was going to get some answers.

"Agent Thomas, or Jake, has worked with the FBI for several years now. He specializes in undercover missions. The mission he is currently on... well was on... he was trying to find a ring leader who is selling drugs and exploiting women."

Milly's eyes went wide in shock. It was crazy how she works in an escort business and she hears about women exploitation all the time yet she never actually thought about it happening.

"We don't why those men were at Shayln's wedding but Jake and his partner, Jason, are going to find that out now. In the mean time, you are to stay here. We are going to contact your family and tell them that you and Jake are going on an extended trip out of the country. When he gets back, you are going home to pack and then the two of you will be flown out to Texas and live a different life until Antonio and his men are found. I'm sorry you don't want this but it's for the best." Director Wilson stood up and left the room, leaving Milly behind with a million and one unanswered questions.

___________*__________

Police where swarming his family he when he pulled out. He shoved his gun in his waistband as he walked up to a barricade of some sort. An officer stopped him from walking through. "Sorry sir, authorized personnel only."