Chapter Fourteen

Milly cried out for Jake as he slumped down onto the ground. Jake couldn't die. She had finally found someone that would do anything for the ones they loved. She was able to be herself around him as well... Last night, Jake made her feel special. She knew it sounded cliche but she didn't care. At this moment, all she cared about was Jake and his body lying in a pool of his own blood.

Shayln stared at her brother. The man who kidnapped them had shot Jake. Antonio killed her brother. She turned towards the man. "You sick lying bastard!"

Antonio clucked his tongue. "Shayln, dear. I never lied. He said neither of you were going to die so he made his choice. He chose himself. So, he died honorably. Now, I need to decide what to do with the two of you. Shayln, I think you will do well as my personal maid and Milly will sell for quite a large amount. Especially with her coming from a very well known family."

Antonio paused for a moment before glancing towards his men. "Sorry ladies, I must make my exit. My men will get you ladies out of here. Hopefully without doing too much damage." He turned his back on them before going out a side door and disappearing.

Milly and Shayln sat there stunned. It didn't last long before the men walked over to them and started to mess with their restraints. Milly had one hand free when the doors to warehouse were thrown open. Men in uniforms came swarming in. Alice rushed over to Milly and undid her restraints. Before Alice could get one word out, Milly got up and ran over to Jake.

"Help! Jake was shot."

Alice rushed over to aid her. "He's a damn idiot. He should have waited." Milly watched as Alice checked Jake's pulse. "Dammit! No pulse!" Alice got straight to chest compression. "Get me an ambulance!!"

"Give him two breath."

Milly did as instructed. Alice paused long enough for Milly to deliver two breaths. "How long has he been down for?"

"I... I don't know.... a couple minutes. It all happened so fast."

"It's okay. I need you to focus. I need for you to dress the wound. Take anything you can find and put pressure on the wound."

Milly wanted to ask how did she know this stuff before she knew right now was not the time to ask. Jason came over and took Alice's spot doing compression. "The ambulance is two minutes out."

Alice nodded as she took Jake's shirt off. "Here, use his shirt... there is no exit wound which means the bullet is still in there."

Milly didn't know much but from shows she has watched, it would have been better if the bullet had went all the way through. Milly's hands - well her whole body - was shaking. She was terrified. She couldn't lose him.

Every thirty compressions, Milly gave Jake two breaths. After several rounds of CPR, the paramedics finally arrived. Milly watched as they dug through a red bag and intubated Jake before rushing him to the ambulance and to the nearest hospital.

"Come on, let's get you in the car and to the hospital."

Milly followed Alice to the car. She climbed into the front seat leaving Jason and Shayln to the backseat. The whole way to the hospital, all Milly could think about was Jake. "He isn't going to die, is he?" Milly asked, her voice was barely above a whisper. 

Nobody sad anything, which only made it worse for Milly. 

Not knowing how he was doing was probably the worst feeling she had ever felt. Arriving at the hospital only made things worse. Jake was in critical condition and was in surgery. The bullet ripped through his lung and barely missed his heart. There was some internal damage but they were going to do everything they could.

Milly pulled her legs closer to her body as she sat in the waiting room. His parents hadn't arrived yet so it was just Alice, Jason, Shayln, and Milly. Shayln walked over to Milly, handing her a cup of coffee as she sat down.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean to insult you when I was thinking all this was my brothers fault. I know it's not but I was just out of it." Shayln took a sip of her coffee. "Thank you for trying to get Jake to save me earlier. It was a real noble thing to do and if... when he makes it through this, I hope you give him a chance. He's a great person and the best brother I could ever ask for."

Milly glanced at Shayln. She had a few stray tears trickle down her face. She definitely wanted to give Jake the chance. "Your welcome. And you're his sister. He would have chose you. I was just trying to make it easier."

The room fell quiet again. A surgeon came out and told them that they were still working on Jake. He was a fighter and that they were doing everything they could to stop the bleeding. Everything they could.

Sometimes everything wasn't enough.

____________

And another chapter down! The next chapter is when you will find out if Jake lives or dies. Honestly, I haven't decided yet. Sorry if this is short. Actually, I have no idea how long it is but it is probably short compared to the other chapters. Anyways, peace out for now. ✌️