Chapter Three

Jake didn't know what to wear. He didn't want to get all dressed up but at the same time he didn't want to be underdressed. He ran a hand through his dark hair before pulling on a pair of nice blue jeans and a light blue button up shirt. After he finished buttoning up his shirt, he put on a pair nice black and white running shoes.

He grabbed his keys was out the door. It didn't take him long to get to the diner considering his apartment was only three blocks from there. He walked in and was instantly greeted by a peppy redhead. "Have a seat wherever. I'll be right out with some coffee and a menu."

He nodded towards a booth not to far from the door. When the waitress returned with the menu and a cup of coffee he informed her that he would need one more. She nodded and brought out another mug of coffee and menu.

Jake had only been looking at the menu for a few minutes when the sound of someone clearing their throat. The first thing he noticed was the long, lean, tan legs. He followed the legs all the up until his gaze landed on the face of an incredibly beautiful women standing in front of him.

She smiled down at him. "Hi, are you Jake?" She really hoped he was or she would have felt pretty stupid because she spotted him the second she walked in.

"Yes? Milly?"

Milly took a seat on the seat across from him. "Yes. It's nice to meet you." She put out her hand and he grasped it firmly and shook it before letting it go.

"It's nice meeting you too. Sorry I called you so late last night. I had just gotten back into town and Jason had told me about you. I am just kind of desperate for a date to my sisters wedding." He let out a gush of air once he was done.

Milly let out a soft whimsical laugh. "It's okay. I'm just going crazy over planning my sisters baby shower. She changes her mind like every day. Plus I had just walked in the door. So tell me about what this job entails."

"Well the rehearsal dinner is tonight and I'm expected to show up with a girlfriend that I don't have." Jake saw Milly raise an eyebrow. "My parents and my family think I have a girlfriend. My work requires me to travel a lot.... I was tired of them nagging me about not having someone in my life so I told them I did... And now that they think I have a girlfriend, they expect me to bring her to the rehearsal dinner and wedding."

Milly took a sip of her coffee and nodded. "Okay...."

Now it was Jake's turn to raise an eyebrow. "Okay?"

"I'll do it. We might wanna get started now. So tell me about your family."

Jake couldn't have been more relieved. Hopefully everything would go according to planned. "Okay... hmmm... I don't even know where to start. Well let's see. My moms name is Sharon and she is a doctor. My dad is Steven and he retired from the military. They have been married for 25 years and they had three children. I am the oldest child and I have two younger sister. Shalyn and Abigail. Shayln is the one getting married tomorrow. She is 21 and she is marrying my best, Shawn. My other sister Abigail or Abi - she's 23 - is married to Damian and they are expecting their first kid. Got it so far?"

Milly nodded. "Yup. Your parents are Sharon and Steven; they are a doctor and a retired military guy. Abigail is pregnant with her first child and she's married to Damian. Shayln is marrying Shawn."

"Correct. Moving on. My mom is an only child. My moms parents we call Grandma and Grandpa and my great grandma is Gammy. My dads mom is call Gran. My dad has a brother named Jim and a sister named Janet. They each have two kids. Jim and his wife Karen are the parents to Jamie and Madison. Janet and Phil are parents to twins Brooke and Bailey... And their ages range from 16 to 25. Still with me?"