Chapter Sixteen

In honor of taking my last final today and being done with college for the summer, I decided to post the last chapter. With the way this book ended, I don't feel the need for an epilogue. However, I may decide to add one later. Anyways, enjoy. Check out the authors not at the end.

___________

Six Months Later -

Milly watched the baby playing in the play pen. Charolette was so adorable and was a spitting imagine of her mother. Milly watched the baby for her sister several days a week. Milly didn't mind. The only thing she had to focus on these days was her flourishing business. With spring approaching, business was picking up.

Milly stood up from the counter as the door swung open. Her sister, Isabelle rushed in and swooped her baby up in her arms. "How is my baby girl doing?" Isabelle turned towards her sister. "Has she been good today?"

Milly sighed longingly. "Yes. Perfect as always. She has only been up for about twenty minutes."

"Good." Isabelle sat Charolette back down into the pen before walking over to her sister. "What's wrong?"

Milly shook her head. Her older sister had always been able to pick up on her emotions. It was a pain, especially after she had gotten back from her "business" trip. For several long weeks, Milly shut everyone out. She missed Jake. She did. But she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to call him and be like "hey, I'm sorry I broke your heart but can you give me another chance?" Ya, no. So instead of missing him, she focused on Charolette.

"Nothing is wrong, Is."

Her sister raised her perfectly shaped eyebrows. "I don't believe you for a second. Is it about Jake?"

Milly sighed for the umpteenth time before nodding. Milly sat down on a couch and her sister followed her.

"Yes. I miss him. I shouldn't. Hell, I only spent a little over two weeks with him. How can someone fall in love with someone in two weeks? I barely know anything about him. Well besides the fact that I know about his family, his sister is great. His partners are great. He's amazing at his job. He can be irrational and do whatever it takes to protect the ones he loves. He is a good teacher. And he was an amazing kisser as well as unbelievable in bed."

Isabelle smiled softly at her sister. "Mils, a lot can happen in two weeks. You can meet, fall in love, and get married." Isabelle stopped and smiled. "You said Jake was tall and handsome and carried himself well?"

Milly nodded. Isabelle smiled even larger. "So for all I know, he could be standing outside peering in?"

Milly looked up and gasped. Jake was here. What is he doing here?

"I'm thinking he came for you." Milly frowned when she realized she voiced her thoughts. Isabelle squeezed Milly before pushing her off the couch. "Go fix your hair and get your butt back in here. I'll watch the shop for a bit."

Milly left the room just as Jake was entering.

Jake was extremely nervous. He didn't know what possessed him to come to the other side of the town. What could he just say that he was passing through and just decided to stop? That was out of the question. That's what everyone always said and everyone was always lying.

He frowned. Milly had disappeared. Instead a woman who had a striking resemblance to Milly stood before him. She swooped down and picked up the baby.

"She's gorgeous. She yours?"

Isabelle smiled evilly. "No. She's Milly's."

Jake's heart stopped. "Oh."

Isabelle laughed. "I'm kidding, Jake. She is mine."