Chapter Two

Woooo... an update. This has been on the back burner. However now that I have a new phone I plan on writing a little more. So ya. I hope you enjoy this update.

"Jake man, how can you not have a date to the wedding? You've known about it for the last eight months."

Jake sighed as he walked through the parking garage to his car. This last mission has been a complicated one. He wasn't getting anywhere. He ran a hand through his dark hair. "I'll just ask my girlfriend to go with me."

"Dude, the wedding is in two days... All I can say is your sister will kill you if you show up alone. I may be marrying her but I've learned real quick I can't control her when she's mad at you."

Jake laughed. "Don't worry Shawn, she'll be there. I gotta go. I just got into town from work. I'll see you guys tomorrow at the rehearsal dinner."

Jake hung up with his best friend and soon to be brother in law as he unlocked his car. He threw his bags in the trunk before giving his car a once over. Being an FBI agent, one had to be very cautious. Especially one living in Washington D.C. Once he knew the car was clear, he got in and sped off to the bar where he was meeting up with his partner to discuss how the mission was going and possibly a new plan of action.

Twenty minutes later, Jake pulled into Dave's Diner and Bar. He had been coming here since he was in diapers. Dave was like a father to him and he would do anything for anyone. When he walked in the door everyone greeted him. He quickly spotted Jason, his partner, and sat down in the chair across from him.

"Hey man, how's it going?" Jason was extracted from the mission a week ago and so he didn't know that the mission hadn't gotten anywhere since he left.

"Not so good. Shawn and the rest of my family thinks I have a girlfriend and they think she will be at the wedding with me. I'm fucked." Jake sighed. In his line of work, love was the last thing on his mind. He couldn't bare the thought of someone he loved getting hurt because he was in the FBI and he specialized in undercover work.

Jason laughed. "That does sound pretty bad." Jason thought for a moment to see if he he knew anyone that could go with him. "Aha, I got the perfect solution for you." Jason pulled out his wallet and dug around in it before thumbing out a business card. "Here. It's an escort business. Top of the line and completely safe. The owners husband is a lawyer and she's an entrepreneur. Ask for Milly. She's the owner's daughter and she has a little shop on fifth street."

Jake took the card from his partner. It was a crazy idea but a good one. "Thanks man." For the next hour, Jake was busy filling Jason in. They hadn't devised a new plan but they were working on it. "Thanks. I gotta go. I have a busy next two days ahead of me."

******

Later that night, Jake pulled out that business card. Before he could second guess himself, he dialed the number.

"Thank you for calling Milani's escort service. This is Isabella. What can I help you with?"

"Um. Ya. My friend gave me your card because I need a date to a wedding so I'll need someone the next couple of days and he told me to request someone named Milly?"

"Ya. Milly is my little sister. Let me check to see if she's free." Jake could hear her flipping through some papers before keying a few things in on a keyboard. "Can I get your name, date of birth, and an address."

He recited the things to her and waited a moment. "Okay. Great. Everything looks good. I'll give you her number and you can contact her directly."

"Thank you. Have a great night." He dialed Milly's number and prayed she picked up.

______________________

Milly had just walked in the door when her phone started ringing. She groaned with frustration. Was this day ever going to end? She was busily preparing for her sisters baby shower and it was just a long day. So between being an escort, running a full time business, and planning her sisters baby shower, she was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

The persistent ringing of the phone made her want to scream. She set her stuff down and picked the phone up. "Hello?"

Milly heard a deep sound of a man clearing his throat. "Look if this is some kind of joke, I'm not in the mood."

"Sorry. I'm just new to this. Is this Milly?"

She really hoped this wasn't a sick joke. "Depends on who is asking."

"My name is Jake. I got a referral from someone named Jason Medford."

She sighed with relief. "Ya. Jason is a regular. This is Milly. What can I do for you, Jake?" She started this game where when she listened to a guy's voice she tried to picture what he looked like.

"I need you for a couple days for a friends wedding. I can tell you more about it in the morning if you want?"

Milly pictures him with dark hair and light eyes. A nice body and a nice tan. Milly pretended to think for a minute before accepting his offer. "Sure. Meet me at the little diner at the corner of Baxter and Flieshal street. Be there at ten." Without another word she hung and got ready for bed. Tomorrow would be another long day.