Chapter 19

Gab’s POV

"Classes are cancelled."

Ellaine declared as soon as she sat on our table. We were eating breakfast. I don't feel so productive today.

"Eh? Why?" Naiiritang tanong ni Jade. Ayaw niya kasing gumigising ng maaga, ngayon lang siya nasanay dito.

"Preparation for the event."

Oh, right. It was the last week of the month and there is an upcoming event. I think it will start next week. That's why the atmosphere of the school is different. Everyone is excited and looking forward to it. Seems like nothing special to me though.

"We should go to Centre Agora then." Kamill suggested.

"Yeah. The gates will open tomorrow so we can go out." saad ni Ate Roxanne.

It's good that we can go out for almost a whole month and explore Olympia but the problem is I don't have any places that I can go to here. I can go to the Underworld but I'm sure Reu will just annoy me there.

"Why do we need to prepare for 1 week then?" I appealed. I don't get why we need a week to prepare. You can buy stuff in just a day.

"Because we have to train and stuff, you know." Sagot ni Ate Roxanne.

"They will have a tournament. Ang hindi ko lang alam ay kung anong klase. Last year was great and I'm expecting something bigger this year." Ellaine said with a glint of excitement in her eyes.

"Tournament?" Kunot noong tanong ko.

"Yes. A tournament that will test a demigod's mind, strength and ability. An event that everyone is excited about."

A tournament? That means a battle will happen.

I was at the hidden part of the library when Kai appeared and begged me to come with him out of nowhere. Nagtaka pa ako kung paano niya ako nakita dito ngunit wala ng nagawa ng hilahin niya paalis. He brought me to the waterfalls near the garden.

I didn't know this thing existed.

"Oh, Gab!"

Lumiwanag ang mga mata ni Ellaine ng makita ako. Nakaupo siya sa batuhan at naglalaro ng tubig. Napansin kong hindi lang siya ang nandito.

"Took you long enough." saad ni Levi na nagpupunas ng mukha sa may puno. Tinanguan niya lang ako when we made eye contact.

"Dude, I swear I can't find her anywhere." Kai immediately jumped into the water.

"She's great at hiding, even before when we were young." kwento ni Ate Roxanne na biglang lumitaw sa tubig. She's also here?

"Oo tapos kapag hindi na namin siya mahanap, iiwan na namin siya." Natatawang sabat ni Jade. Napairap naman ako.

You guys always left me alone.

I glance at Zeike who is in the middle, kumaway lang ito sa akin bago naglaho sa tubig. Hindi ko na alam kung saan siya nagpunta. I stepped back when someone splashed some water at me.

"You like being wet, Dawson?"

"What the fuck?"

Chandler's grin grew wider because of my reaction. Nandidiri ko siyang tinitigan. He has a very vulgar mouth, I must say.

"Bibig mo, Thornhill." Saway ni Ate sa lalaki.

"Aw, jealous baby? Don't worry. You're the only wet being that I like."