Chapter 15

Gab's POV

Cries of suffering would echo in the corners of the castle. An ocean of punished souls below us. An eternal flame burning them forever. A world filled with so many emotions that can make you feel weak.

"It's suffocating here." Persephone giggled.

She's been giggling at my words simula kanina pa. Am I really that funny or does she just love my broken humor?

I kick the bones in the ground everytime I see one. The castle's only light is the torches in the walls. Nakakalula rin tignan ang napakataas na kisameng napupuno ng bungo. It's creepy and weird but I like it.

There is also no one else around. Normally in a huge castle you will see servants all over the place but here it is extremely pure silence. You can even hear your own heart beat.

"Holy shit."

Napahinto ako sa paglalakad ng isang napakalaking aso ang bumungad sa amin sa tapat ng malaking pinto. Hindi lang ito napakalaki, tatlo pa ang ulo nito. It slowly lifted its head and was about to attack me so I used my hands to shield myself.

"Kerberos!"

The dog lowered its head when Persephone shouted. It was tamed like a good puppy. Nakayuko lang ito at hindi gumagalaw.

I want him.

I walked towards him. His growl is getting louder every time I step closer. I'm holding my breath when I raised my hand to pat him.

"Careful, my sweet."

I closed my eyes when my hands are above his head. I only opened it when I felt him sniff my fingers. Saglit itong umurong, nagdududa.

Hanggang sa maramdaman ko na lang na dinikit na nito ang ulo sa kamay ko. Allowing me to pet him.

I laughed and went closer to him. He's very fluffy although he stinks. I can't believe I'm playing with him when all the books and lessons that they taught me said that don't go near him.

"That was fast." Isang lalaki ang lumitaw sa gilid ng aso. A tall pale man with a dark black hair. He's radiating a dark aura, which feels like a threat.

"Reu." Yumuko ito, nagpapakilala. I glanced at Persephone and she only nodded at me.

"Gab."

"I prefer calling you Macari." Natigilan ako. He knows me. I gave him a confused look.

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm your brother. Of course, I know." He smirked.

"Well, I don't know you." Saad ko. Nawala naman ang ngisi sa kanyang mukha at tila hindi inaasahan ang sinabi ko.

Tumikhim si Persephone, "Let's go to the throne. He's waiting."

Nagtungo na kami sa gitnang parte ng palasyo kung saan naroroon ang trono. Nasa gilid ko si Reu habang naglalakad. It's weird because this is the first time that I met him but I don't feel any awkwardness. And the fact that we're siblings makes it even weirder.

I stopped when I saw a man sitting on his throne. Piercing eyes and terrifying aura that everyone would shiver just by his glare. I can't move forward.

"Macari.." He called.

He only stood up but I can already feel my knees trembling. His cold breathy voice would be the death of anyone, and I'm one of them.

"You're finally here." Tumayo ito at bumaba sa kanyang trono.

My jaw dropped in awe.

He doesn't look like how books portray him. The arts that describe his looks didn't give justice to his eternal beauty.