Chapter 9

Gab's POV

"A mission?" I asked. This is the first time that I will be given a mission. Ate already explained to us that your rank is based on the missions that you do, whether it is complicated or not.

"Yes. I've received a report about a possession of mine that was missing for a decade that was finally found." Our headmistress stated. I was still processing the idea of me going on a mission.

"Ellaine already knows the details."  She added. I sighed, overthinking. I don't want to disappoint Miss Clio so if ever I accept this mission I need to do this right.

"Miss Clio, I don't have any experience in battle. I don't even know how to control my shadows."

"Don't worry. You don't have to fight. All you need to do is to convince them." Panghihikayat niya. Nag isip naman ako saglit. I'm still hesitant about this. What if I messed up again? What if I get us into trouble or worse, killed?

"You are not alone, Gabriella."

I sighed for the nth time and asked. "When are we leaving?"

She gave me a satisfied smile. "Tonight."

"We're on a mission together! How cool is that?" Kai shouted. His voice is echoing in the corridor while we are on our way to our dorms to pack our things.

"Can you shut up, Pierce? You're as loud as your sister. Magkapatid nga kayo." Ellaine argued with him. I laughed because it is true. They're both annoying.

"Let's meet at Thornhill later." Hargreeves commanded before he left us dumbfounded. Is he always like that?

Pumayag naman sila at nag kanya-kanya na kami ng direksyon. Magkikita na lang kami ni Ellaine sa dining hall dahil hindi naman namin alam kung saan ang Thornhill.

Pagkapasok namin sa dorm ay ibinalita agad ni Jade kanila Ate ang mission namin. She's excited but at the same time nervous. Nag o-overthink ito kung anong mangyayari sa'min.

"I can use my ability properly now!" Pagmamayabang ni Jade maya maya. Napangisi naman ako at umupo sa harap niya.

"Let's see. Order me or something." I challenged. Kita ko ang kumpiyansa sa mga mata niya. Tumikhim ito at tumitig sa mga mata ko.

She closed her eyes and the moment she opened it again I could see my reflection in her eyes. It's glowing and I can feel a strong energy from her.

"Slap your face." She ordered.

I expected to slap myself but to my surprise nothing happened. She gasped for air and asked for water. Ate Roxanne immediately gave her a glass of it.

"What?! Why can't I control you?!" She was baffled. I don't know what is happening.

"Try it on me." utos ni Ate Roxanne. Nag alinlangan naman si Jade ngunit gulat ulit dahil sa pangalawang pagkakataon, hindi gumana ang ability niya.

"I need more practice." She frustratedly said. Natawa naman ako, nang aasar.

"Okay, last na'to. Try me." sabi ni Kamill.