Chapter 27

Jade's POV

"The compass is pointing at the North." I glanced at Kaia who is currently checking our surroundings.

We've decided to stick together and just ambush Cleo when we arrive at her hiding place. She's not allowed to move once she settles to a specific location.

"Okay. Let's do this like how we planned it." We nodded in union.

The plan is Jayden and Kamill will be the attacker while me and Cairo will stay behind. Kaia on the other hand will support them from the side.

Cairo, as a son of the God of sleep, has a very advantageous ability. He can put someone into sleep easily but he said he's not sure if it will work on Cleo since the girl is very well known for using witchcraft that can avoid hypnosis.

Pagkatapos makawala sa magubat na part ng arena, a huge mountain greeted us. We were surprised to see Cleo on top of it. She was floating with eyes closed.

Umastang susugod na si Jayden when Cairo stopped him. "I think that's a trap."

Agad na kumunot ang noo ko. A trap?

My eyes grew wider when I saw the Cleo on top of the hill vanished in the midst of a spreading mist. "Hello.."

I flinched when I heard a whisper. Nang lumingon ako ay wala na ito. I deeply sighed and lifted my sword. I'm not confident in handling weapons but I can use some to defend myself.

"Stay close." Kaia commanded when the mist spread. It was thicker than earlier. Hindi ko na nakikita ang tinatapakan ko.

The creak of a tree branch broke the silence as I immediately shielded myself. At this point, I was just hoping that whoever I hit is an enemy. Wala talaga kaming makitang kahit ano. Huminga ako ng malalim.

"Everyone listen!" I commanded when I cannot feel their presence anymore. "Follow my voice."

I was standing there, waiting for them to come. Ang unang nakarating ay si Kamill. Her eyes are still glowing, meaning that the effect of my ability is still there. Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at agad siyang nagkamalay.

After a few minutes of waiting, they all arrive in one piece except one. "Where's Cairo?"

Agad na nagtaka ang mga kasama ko ng mapansing wala nga ang binata. Ihininto ko na din ang paggamit ng kapangyarihan ko kaya nawala na ang bisa nito sa kanila.

"Let me just borrow your friend. It's not fair to have him on your side, isn't it?"

"Fuck.." I hear Jayden utter a curse.

After that the mist immediately disappeared, greeting us with a dark sky. And when I looked up there I saw Cleo on top of a tree again, eyes still closed. Below her was Cairo who seemed to be in a deep sleep.

I sighed and got into position. The plan must go on.

Kamill attacked the daughter of Hecate without hesitation. Followed by Jayden who summoned a huge tree and made the branches his steppingstones to reach the hilltop.

He used vines as a whip. He tried to hit Cleo but the demigod is smart enough to make a barrier of spells, protecting herself.

I climbed up a tree to have a clear view of what was going on. There's only four of us left. Kaia had no choice but to support the others from below since Cairo wasn't around anymore. They're supposed to work together but then Cleo got him.

Nagsimula akong subukang kontrolin si Cleo ng sandaling maupo ako sa sanga ng puno. Like how I expected, the girl surrounded herself with spells that restrained any magic.