Chapter 35 - Bad Luck

Start from the beginning

"I just am so confused, Mom. I have almost no clue what to do. All of the stuff is there that we need to get this done, but the one thing we are missing is the information to do it with. It's almost like we are stuck doing nothing until these detectives find info about their death." He says concern clear in his voice.

"I see what your saying, Tobias."

After a moment I say, "Why don't you just talk to the Erudite that were working on the project. You aren't the only one that isn't one hundred percent sure on what's going on, and maybe they know. Just talk to them. They probably know the background and current tasks on this building, and they probably know the limits on what can be done about it. That's probably why they called the Dauntless to go, so they have ideas and help to bounce ideas and knowledge off of. You defiantly aren't alone in this. They can help you, and you can help them."

He's quiet for a minute. Maybe he's thinking about what I said.

"Thanks mom. That really does help." He says with less stress in his voice. "I really needed to talk it out, and that advice helps me a ton. Thank you."

"Oh no problem. Why don't you go to bed. You probably have to be up early tomorrow and could use all the energy you can. Indy has been hanging out on my sofa ever since you left. I think he may want to take it home with him!" I joke laughing.

"Tell him I say hi." He laughs.

"I will. And I don't care if it's one in the morning. Call me whenever you can or want."

"Okay. I will."

"Good night, Tobias. Love you."

"Love you too, Mom." The line goes dead.

I put the phone back on the charger and walk back toward the bedroom. I stop and smile at the puppy sprawled out taking up as much as the sofa as he can. Even though his dog bed is in the middle of the room, he still prefers the couch. I'm surprised that the phone didn't wake him up.

I get to my room, crawl under the covers and fall back into a deep sleep just to be woken up again by something different.

It sounds like feminine screaming coming from down the hall.

I get up, slip on my slippers, grab my house coat and walk down the hallway with a few other people who also must have heard it toward the yelling.

Shauna            (A/N- This starts taking place from 12am on.)

The apartment is so quiet and empty without Zeke. Chris offered for me to stay at her place while he was gone, but I told her I would be fine. He's only going to be gone for a short time.

Lately my back has been hurting. It's starts from where I was shot in the back and ended up making me temporarly paralyzed from the waist down at that time. I'm better and can walk almost fine now. The pain starts in that part of my back and the goes right down my legs to my feet. I usually just ignore it and take some more pain killers but for some reason, I had only taken some a little over an hour ago, and it is killing me again. Maybe I should make an appointment with my doctor in Erudite who I've been seeing for my whole paralyzed thing to get it checked out.

I'll call in the morning and try to make an appointment for Monday considering that tomorrow is Saturday and that part of the infirmary isn't open on the weekend. Only calls for appointments are available.

I take a deep breath. Maybe if I just relax and go to sleep it will go away.

I turn toward my bedroom to go to bed but as soon as my right foot leaves the ground, I loose my balance; pain starts shooting up and down from the middle of my spine down to the tips of my toes and back as my legs start to tremble. I take deep breaths in pain and take deep breaths; trying to grasp the kitchen counter for support. I feel my legs give out under me and I let out a cry of pain as I land on my back on the floor hard.

I cannot move my legs, knees, waist, feet, or toes. The pain just keeps getting stronger and stronger and my vision gets darker and darker around the edges like its closing in on my vision.

Think Shauna think.

What can I do to get help?

I'm going to die here if I don't get help.

I need to get help fast.

But I can't move!

My phone is back in my room, but the house phone is on the other side of the kitchen on top of the counter.

I can't get to either of them.

I do the only thing that I can do.

I yell as loud as I possibly can.

This is one of the times that I'm extremely thankful that Christina lives in the apartment next to mine.

"CHRISTINA! HELP!"

"HELP!"

"SOMEONE! ANYONE!" I cry.

I have no clue how long I lay there for.

"HELP! PLEASE! I NEED HELP!"

The only thing that is keeping me conscious is my screaming and cries for help. My ears are ringing from either the pain or my screaming. Probably both. I keep my eyes shut tight trying to block out the pain.

But it isn't working.

"HELP!"

I open my eyes and immediately I regret it. My vision is all black around the edges leaving little room for me to see but what I can see is watery from my tears and is spinning like I'm being spun in circles. It makes me dizzy.

"CHRISTI-na" My voice cracks and basically goes dead at the end.

If my life could get any worse. Now I'm loosing my voice.

Boy do I have bad luck.

"Help. Please. Someone. Please. It hurts. Please. Anyone." I cry loosing my voice.

Through the intense ringing in my ears I think I hear someone banging on my apartment door. I luster up any energy and voice I have left to open my eyes and yell to them.

"HELP! IT HURTS! PLEASE! I CANT W-alk" I yell loosing my voice at the end.

Just before my eyes shut I see the apartment door fall in and hear people calling my name. I recognize two faces:

One is Christina.

The other I think is Four's mother. I think her name was Evelyn.

That's when my body goes limb and my vision goes all the way black.

A/N-

Hi humans!

If I don't post later today or tomorrow, then

🎉HAPPY (early) NEW YEAR! 🎉

I'm going to be at my Grandma and Great Grandma's house and we are going to my Grandma and I are going to take down their Christmas tree and force each other to stay awake till midnight. (neither of us are night people) Since it's just the three of us there's a chance I will update or start to write tomorrow night.

I have a horrible writers block for Tobias POV and am really mad about it. I'm still stuck because I have an idea, and I know where I want it to go, but I just don't know how to get there! Ugh!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! 🎄

4.38k reads! <4

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4