Chapter 17 - The Wedding

(Just to warn you all, this chap changes POV a lot. You have been warned!!!)

Caleb

I cannot believe that today is the day; the day I will marry Cara will be together legally forever.

She's now three and a half months pregnant and we are finding out the gender on Friday.

The technology Erudite has now makes it so you can find out the gender sooner.

I hope that everything goes perfect, but it's already not. My mother, father and sister aren't here, nor her mother and brother. It just doesn't feel right; having a wedding without most of our families. My heart aches for my parents to come, and for my sister to be here. To have Tris walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid, to have my parents smiling in the crowd, to have Will be my best man, to have Cara's mother be here as well...

But that's not going to happen. I cannot change the past.

Tears brim my eyes. Caleb, you can't cry now, today is suppose to be a happy day. Pull yourself together.

I take a few deep breaths and wipe my eyes on the back of my shirt sleeve. I haven't gotten dressed in my tux yet because the ceremony doesn't start until three and its eleven now.

Some of my friends from initiation and the faction in general are coming over at 1 ish and we are going to just go together as a group to the main building. Unlike Cara and her girlfriends have been getting ready since 7 this morning. I find that kind of crazy, but hey! I won't judge.

Cara

Oh. My. God.

I cannot believe that it's today! It went by so fast! It feels like we were just engaged yesterday! Now we're getting married and have been expecting for over three months! The thought brings tears to my eyes. Ugh! Stupid hormones!

Me and my other two bridesmaid friends that I grew up with have been hanging out at my friend, Anne's apartment all morning, Christina couldn't make it because it was too early and it takes too long to get here, so she's meeting us here at 1. We all decide to start doing makeup now.

"So, is your father making it?" Anne asks.

"Yeah."

Mom isn't making it, nor is Will, or Caleb's parents, or Tris. My eyes begin to water.

"Hey, smile! Your getting married! Today is a happy day!" Sue tries to cheer me up.

"I know, but so many people couldn't come."

"What do you mean? You said a lot of people RSVPed."

"Yeah, but not those people. I mean my mother, Will, Caleb's parents, and Caleb's sister, Tris. They are all... dead." I start to cry.

These hormones aren't helping at all right now...

They are all silent, but Anne speaks up.

"I'm sure they're here, they are watching over the two of you even though you may not know it." She says pointing to my heart.

I smile.

"I don't know what I'd do without you girls." I sob. Now my hormones are just going crazy and I'm crying for no reason.

We all end up in this weird hug and end up laughing at how it failed.

"Probably not the best time to have hormones, huh." I laugh.

They laugh in reply.

"Let's get started on your makeup first, Sue." Anne says.

Christina