Chapter 62 - How?

Chapter 62 - How?

Tori

Not many people stop by much anymore.

I can't determine if that is a good thing or not though.

Derrick stops through mainly three times a day; food trip, water trip, and offering bathroom. Then after that it's quiet.

None of us want to talk; it would mean risking our and someone else's or more than one person's life if we did. It's safer just to lay low and let the world pass by.

That doesn't mean that I actually want to be doing this, but it's the safer route. I'm sure the others agree with me.

The door to my left slams open and catches me by surprise. Derrick has already been here for the regular schedule, so I wasn't expecting anyone else to come in other than to turn off the lights later to signal it's time for bed.

David storms in, angrily looking around, taking a quick but close look in each of our cells.

"MY GOD WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO!" He screams angrily.

He pulls out his gun in frustration and shoots right at Marlene. She squeals and swerves, the bullet missing her neck by a hair.

"OH SHUSH IT." He turns and barks at her. Her eyes grow wide in fear and anticipation.

"One of you helped him," his voice shrinks down extremely low, to almost a whisper. "I'm going to find out who, then you will be killed in the most slow, painful way possible. I suggest you fess up now unless you want to be killed slowly and painfully."

What?

Who and or what is he talking about?

Uriah looks like he's going to say something.

I give him a warning glance. Things could go bad if he speaks up.

Real bad.

His eyes meet my glance.

Of course he doesn't listen to me.

"What do you mean?" He asks David.

David walks up to Uriah's cell. Both of them are around the same height considering that Uriah is standing.

But Uriah is behind the bars.

David is not.

David has a loaded gun and various knives and other weapons in his pockets.

Uriah doesn't.

Marlene

I am screaming mentally in my head wanting to slap Uriah right now.

What the actual hell was he thinking?!

I just hope David goes easy on him.

David turns his head slyly and walks up to Uriah. My heart begins to race again.

David grabs the collar of Uriah's shirt and holds onto him through the bars.

Uriah may be strong, but David is stronger. He tries to resist against David's grip but doesn't succeed. He holds him there for a minute; as if he's deciding what to do or say.

David's leg is right up next to my cell. In his pocket halfway down his jeans is a knife of some sort. It's so close I could reach it.

That little voice in the back of my head begins to go wild yelling things at me.

It's a risky move.

It could cost you your life.

'But you know what? This is your life. That knife could change all of this.

Holding my breath, careful not to make a sound or touch anything other than the knife.

"You know what kid," David barks. I move my hand away quickly.

Phew. He was talking to Uriah. He didn't see me.

I move my hand back and slowly begins to get the knife out of his pocket.

"I think you know all about what happened." David says spitting the words out like venom.

I get the knife out of his pocket just before he finishes jus sentence. Quickly I slip the knife up the sleeve of my long sleeve black shirt I was given.

The last time I was given clothes it was November and cold. At least, Derrick said it was November. It was freezing during the winter. Now all we beg for is a small breeze to come through when someone opens the door.

David finally lets go of Uriah and pushes him forcefully backwards. Uriah stumbles a lot but manages to not fall.

David stands there for a second staring at him.

"Please don't notice me."

"Please don't notice your missing knife."

"Please don't suspect anything."

I keep repeating in my head.

David stomps out of the door to my right and I let out a huge breath of relief I didn't know I was holding in.

We all are silent; either not knowing what to say or what to do.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are clueless.

"Uriah!" Tori whisper yells. "What the hell were you thinking?! Oh my gosh if I could reach to slap you right now! What is wrong with you?!"

Uriah just shrugs his shoulders, clearly being himself and having no regrets whatsoever.

"Well," I begin to whisper. "There is one positive effect to this."

"Wha--?" Uriah starts.

I pull the knife out of my sleeve.

"Oh my gosh."

"How?"

A/N-

Hi humans!

So regular Friday updates are gone! It's just going to be spur the moment "Hey why don't I update today!" moments from here on out. They will most likely be weekly sometime, but when is the part that will be TBD. 😄

Anyway, this was kinda a baby chap being around 800 words and the next one is like it, but don't worry!

I'm gettin to the part in this fanfics life where I'm writing stuff that is tying this all together. I know it's going to make a ton of you who have been waiting like FOREVER for the ending and to see what it holds excited and anxious. It does make me excited and anxious too because in a way, I've also been on this journey with you all and makes me extremely sad and all of that because this fanfic is like my first child and I'll miss it!! Oh my gosh I may cry when this is over!

It will never really be over though 😉😉 Some of you who read my authors notes a while back know what I'm talkin bout now don't ya?

😏😏😏😏😏Mwahahahaha maybe you all should read my "please reads" and "sorry not an update"s😏😏😏😏😏

That specific one I'm talking about though is deleted so good luck finding it! *pats you on back*

Anyways....

Thanks for reading!!

Don't forget to

Vote!

and

Comment!

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!