Chapter 47 - I Have To

Tobias

All of the Dauntless that were sent to Erudite are now getting sent back to Dauntless for plan making.

My mind has been running off of one thought alone;

'She is alive. I have to save her. My Tris is alive.'

I still have that small part of my head that tells me that it's just another blonde haired, blue eyed, small girl; small woman. But I continue to push the thought out of my head.

Those were her eyes. The bright yet dull blue color that I haven't seen in three years.

The blue that haunted my nightmares and kept me awake at night.

The blue that I remember so clearly from when I lifted her out of the net.

The blue that is tattooed on the back of my mind; that I will never forget.

Except from what I can see now, they aren't as stern and insistent as they were then.

She looked so defeated; so fragile.

Not the warrior Tris that transfered from Abnegation.

That was the first jumper.

That was first in her initiation class.

That was a perfect mix of Dauntless, Abnegation and Erudite.

Now all she looks like is a defeated girl,

Fighting for her life every second of every day.

And who is still sacrificing herself for just about anyone.

*   *   *

All of the Dauntless pile into the Main Building with our stuff around six in the morning, trying to learn what comes next. What we are to do now that we are back from Erudite.

"Welcome back everyone!" Josh announces over the commotion of people in the room; silencing them.

"So you probably are wondering what's the next step, but the leaders of all of the Factions are kind of wondering that as well. All of the leaders are meeting up later tonight to make decisions. But as for you all, you can do whatever all day. I'd recommend that you unpack, relax and reunite with friends and/ or family. Really, whatever you want to do. Everyone will meet back up here at ten tomorrow morning and I will give you answers from the meeting that is tonight. I won't hold you up for any longer. Welcome back and have a good day." He finishes.

People hang around the room for a little while, but I decide to go into my office just down the hall a little ways. I really don't know what for, but I just do.

I unlock my office door with my one key on my pretty full keychain. The keys on it go to various things; the training room, my apartment, my mother's spare apartment key, etc. etc.

I get the door unlocked and walk into the room. I'd say it's basically my second home in here. I've got my desk along with a computer and a bunch of papers on it and in the drawers of it to the right of when you walk in. I also have one of those comfy chairs that spin next to my desk. Then on the wall directly in front of you when you walk in, there's a bookshelf that has two shelves in it and two garbage bins on top of it since it's not too tall. I have those shelves mainly filled with paper and files, but also the two dog books I got for my birthday are there too. There's two wooden chairs by the other side of my desk for when I have people come in and talk to me and stuff. Then I also have an extra dog bed, bowls and a few toys from when I've brought Indy to work with me a few times. I had to put the two garbage bins on top of the bookshelf because he kept digging through them when he would come with me and get bored. I have various things on the walls along with a calendar and a clock.