Chapter 5 - Waking Up

Tris

All I remember is getting shot in the side while trying to release the memory serum on the Bureau.

I finally force my eyes to open and realize that I'm somewhere I've never seen before. I instantly know I'm not in Chicago anymore. A sharp pain in my side tells me that I was shot or hit with something sometime in the past, but who knows what.

I blink my eyes a few times to try and get use to the darkness of the room. Who ever my kidnapper is must not be very smart because I am not tied to anything, but I really can't move from this pain in my side.

I must be on a cement or concrete floor because it is extremely cold and really hard.

Rolling over onto my stomach, I finally succeed to push myself into a sitting position against a rough, cracked, also concrete wall. Being that my eyes are partially adjusted to the darkness, I see that I'm not alone. I may not be tied to anything, but I might as wall be in prison by the bars in a square like shape to keep me from escaping. There is a metal door near the front, but everything is bars, no walls except for the one that I'm propped against.

Looking to my left, I see a person laying on the floor. Not dead, just sleeping. Then across a small hallway, there is three more prison-like cells that are the same style and size as mine. In the cell all the way to my left, there is another person sleeping on the floor of their cell. All of the cells are right next to each other, so close that I could reach my arm through two of the bars and poke the person sleeping in the cell to the left of mine. There must be more cells, because there is a door at each end of the hallway. There is no people in the cell across of mine or next to it, nor is there anyone in the cell to my right.

There seems to be some kind of breeze coming from above and behind me... but my side hurts too much to turn. Curiosity gets the best of me and I try to push off the wall and see what's behind me.

I take a sharp breath from the pain that wrecks my side and realize that there is nothing behind me. Just a draft from the cold concrete wall. From not standing in so long, my blood pressure changes quickly, causing me to stumble and fall, crying out as I land on my side.

Breathing heavily, I see the two other people begin to wake up.

"Andrew! She's awake!" A familiar voice whispers to, I'm assuming the person across the cell.

"Wh--Wher--Where a--am" I stutter from not only not using my voice in so long, but also from the pain overtaking my body.

"Oh Beatrice, we thought you'd never wake up." The familiar female voice says.

"M--mom?!" I ask, hoping I'm right.

"Yes sweetheart?" She replies.

"Wh-what? H--how...?" I start.

"I am alive, Beatrice, so is your father. He's right over there." She says, moving closer and putting her arm between the bars to stroke my leg.

Clutching my side, I turn to the man, I guess my father and just stare.

They're alive.

They are alive.

THEY ARE ALIVE.

"Dad?!" I say. My stuttering suddenly gone.

He just smiles and nods his head.

By now I am crying, but no longer from pain, but from happiness.

They're alive, and strangely, so am I.

A/N-

Hi Humans!

Now this story is going to begin to go somewhere, but this is only the beginning!

Anyway...

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4