Chapter 15- A Difficult Consequence Exchange for a Precious Life

*Another un-checked chapter warning*

Regular POV

The Corporal was in his office again- cleaning his way through reality with a damp rug. The man wore his unsoiled cleaning outfit, his face showing no emotion as he wipes his not-so-dusty windows for the tenth time today. The memory of a loved one dying right in front of his very own eyes was still not fading out of his head. It was grievous indeed to see someone pass away in one quick glance...

'I couldn't believe she's gone. Usually I'd just shake it all off and move on-- but, this was different.' Levi said to himself, clenching the soaked rug on his left hand with small force while he slowly pulls his cleaning mask down. 'She was different.'

Memories then started to recall while the man looks out of his bedroom window.

All I really have to do was move on with my life and get on with it…  But it’s  impossible... How could someone forget the one they loved? It's almost hilarious: me trying to forget (F/N) by thinking about her more.'

Pathetic. I'm so f*ckin' pathetic..."

---meanwhile---

“(F/N)”

“Hey, (F/N)!!”

A myterious voice echoes through my head, hearing it once again. I slowly opened my eyes, wanting to know where that voice came from.

When my eyes opened, I saw the atmosphere; clean and well-lightened. It was a bit hard to see what was going on with all the bright light, and I felt much more eased than usual. Everything that was happening right now feels almost like a dream...

 Blinking twice, I saw a girl standing a few steps in front of me wearing a simple white dress, her hair was colored orange and eyes were a mixture of brown and gold. Her face filled with innocence as she gives me a warm, welcoming smile, she took her hand and slowly waved it as a hello.

“(F/N)!” The mysterious girl spoke, walking towards me with her smile not fading from her appearance.

“Umm…” It was weird for her to know my name since I didn’t know her. I don’t even know where we are. “I’m sorry… But, can you please tell me what’s going on?” I asked, hoping for an answer. “ And, how did you know my name?”

It took a moment for her to say a word, after that, she spoke: “…I was sent to guide you to the other side” but It wasn't actually the answer I was obviously looking for...

 my eyes started to narrow as I process what she just said, but after that, I still did not understand her.“Wait, what… Do you mean?” I finally decided to ask.

“What do you mean ‘what’?” She then asked in return with a confused reaction “Don’t tell me you didn’t know … You were already dead”

I froze, hearing the words she just said. ‘Wait, is she mentally insane or something? This couldn’t be true! This must be just another silly dream’. “ Haha” I laughed sarcastically ”You’re joking right? How could I be dead, already?”I stated between chuckles. I obviously did not believe her.

She took her hand and pointed her finger behind me, gesturing to look at where it was pointed. I turned around and saw a large screen that came out of nowhere, I was amused at first, then soon realized that the screen was not any ordinary screen, it was portraying everything that had happened to me while I was still alive; how I died, and why I died, even after I died. My smile slowly disappears as I remember everything that had happened to me. Even tears from my startled eyes started to fall; seeing my life-less corpse laid down so peacefully on my bed, with my three best friends, Mikasa, Eren and Armin right beside me.