♜THIRTY♜

COMFORTABLY NUMB

COMFORTABLY NUMB

𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔶𝔡

I sit across Hyde's lap in the Formans' basement, peering down at the comic he reads.

"If I was stranded on a desert island with only one form of cheese," Fez announces, "no question, it would have to be the puff."

"Those aren't too good for you, Fezzie," I remark.

"Well, I like them!"

"You know who's my little cheese puff?" Kelso giggles. "Jackie."

"Oh, Michael, you're so cute!" his girlfriend gushes.

"You're cute!"

"Cuter!"

"Cutest!"

"Alright," Hyde says in disgust. "You guys have got to shut up before I blow cheese puff chunks."

"Well, Michael," Jackie dismisses, "I'll see you tonight at eight. I'll be counting the minutes."

Kelso furrows his eyebrows. "Why don't you just use a clock?"

She shakes her head, sighing, and exits the basement.

"Man, we're so back in love!" Michael grins.

"I remember when it was all, 'You're an idiot, Michael!' And, 'Woah, what'd I do?'" Hyde mocks. "Good times."

"Sorry, man, but I love her."

"Yes, but you don't deserve her, you son of a bitch," Fez mutters.

I stifle a laugh.

"What?"

"I said... Good cheese puffs, you son of a bitch."

"Hey, Fez, can I have a puff?" I ask politely.

"They're mine, bitch!"

Hyde chuckles quietly from beneath me as the door opens and Laurie stumbles in. "Hey, Kelso. I thought we'd get together tonight, so take a shower, okay?"

"Laurie, I'm- I'm seeing Jackie tonight," he says confidently.

"Oh, that's so sweet. No, I'll see you at eight."

"But-"

"You heard me!"

"Damn. My second girlfriend is such a drag," he complains as she disappears up the stairs. "This is bad, man."

Fez pops a puff into his mouth. "Yes, but only for you."

"Mike, I warned you about this and you didn't take my advice," I scold. "This was bound to happen."