♟TWELVE♟

PAINT IT, BLACK

PAINT IT, BLACK

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰

I yawn as I come back to consciousness, noting the way Hyde nuzzles his face into my neck from behind me.

"Morning," he mumbles lazily.

"Hi." I gently pry his arms off of my waist and stand up to stretch.

"Stay right there, you're perfectly blocking my view of the sun."

I laugh quietly. "Get up. Donna told me we're painting the water tower tonight and we need to make a plan."

"Plans are overrated."

I tear the curtains away from the window so the light shines directly into his eyes and hurl a pillow at him. "Get up."

"Fine," he grumbles.

I feel his eyes on me as I slide my hoodie off over my head and sift through my drawers to search for a bra. A shiver passes through me when I feel his warm fingers clasp it closed. His hands trail down to my waist and I chuckle, choosing an outfit for the day while he grips my hips.

"What?"

"I was just thinkin'... what about some morning sex?"

I turn in his arms and raise my eyebrow. "Did you not hear me when I said we have to go to Forman's?"

"I mean, we don't have to-"

I kiss him quickly on the lips. "If you're patient, you might just get what you crave oh so much."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'll buy you a hotdog any day."

I push past him and get dressed. "Meet me in the kitchen in ten."

After washing my face, brushing my teeth, and doing my makeup, I find him surrounded by food on the counter. Nikolai's Rolling Stones shirt is inside out, with the tag tucked in, to hide the logo.

"This is not a breakfast," I sneer.

"Make some breakfast, then," he shrugs.

I make sandwiches out of (store-bought) bagels. Lox, cream cheese, and dill. He wrinkles his nose. 

"Why are you putting grass in that?"

"It's an herb, dumbass." I slide one to him. "Try it. It'll never be good as it would be in New York, but it's close enough."

I join him on the smooth marble as he bites into it. 

"So?" I grin hopefully.

"It's alright."