♜FOURTEEN♜

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER

𝔧𝔦𝔪𝔦 𝔥𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔦𝔵

I glance up from watering my plants outside to see Laurie slinking towards me. A grin spreads across my face. "Hey, whore!"

"Hi, slut."

I chuckle softly as she hugs me. "What are you doing home?" I ask, beckoning her inside.

"My grandma Bernice died. You're invited to her funeral, by the way. It's tonight at six."

"Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry," I frown while pouring her a cup of coffee.

"Ah, it's fine. She was a bitch, anyways. What's been going on with you?"

"Not much, honestly," I lie.

"Come on. There is no way you have nothing to say." She gasps. "You didn't start an abstinence streak, did you?"

I roll my eyes. "No!"

"So who'd you hook up with?"

I shake my head fondly. "You are such a dirty person and I find it hard to understand why."

She narrows her eyes. "Who else am I supposed to talk to? My mom? Tell me."

I bite my lip. "Okay, I totally did it with Hyde," I giggle.

"Ew! You need to get your standards back up."

"I'm serious. He's hot, but you need him to kiss you to fully realize it."

She makes a face and I tilt my head to the left. "Do you still want details?"

Her head shakes and she laughs, "Definitely not."

"What about you?"

Her face lights up. "Oh my god. I started a fling with my professor."

"Is he sexy?"

"So sexy. He's balding and a little overweight and has a wife, but he's rich."

I choke on my coffee. "And you're grossed out by Hyde?"

"He's only, like, twenty years older than me."

"Laurie!"

"It's good money. And he gives me A-pluses."

"You're a weirdo."

I take our now-empty cups and clean them. "I should probably go check on Eric."

"Oh, he is so shaken up. He looks like someone caught him-"

"Okay! That's not a picture I need in my mind! If you want to stay, you're welcome to, but don't trash the house. I'll see you later."

As fate has it, I stumble across the Forman boy on my way to his house. I frown, as he seems extremely shaken-up. "Hey, Eric, I'm sorry about your grandmother," I console.