♜TWENTY-THREE♜

THIS BOY

THIS BOY

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔰

I jolt awake to a tapping on my window and groggily pull back the covers, expecting to see James there for another late-night cuddle session. I'm taken aback when I spot Hyde hanging onto a tree branch.

I slide the window open. "What the hell are you doing? It's three in the morning."

"Sneaking in," he whispers, climbing into the room and taking his shoes off.

"Why are you sneaking in?"

"So I don't wake your folks- oh, wait, you don't have those," he grins.

"Did you seriously come up here just to burn me?" I scoff, putting my hands on my hips.

"No. I came because I was bored." He pauses. "Is that my shirt?"

I glance down at the slightly oversized Alice Cooper tee that I sport and lay down onto my bed. "Yeah. I'm having deja vu. We've had this conversation already. And I told you it isn't a big deal."

He sits next to me as I fiddle with my nails. I spot him glancing at me from the corner of his eye and I smirk to myself.

"Whatever, man," he sighs nonchalantly. "Hey, Donna snuck into Forman's room not too long ago."

"She gave you inspiration?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. I think he's gonna get laid tonight. It would be great if that's how tonight ended for me, too," he winks.

I roll my eyes, propping myself up on my elbows. "You have to stop flirting with me."

"Oh, don't flatter yourself, Princess."

"I'm serious! I'm not like that anymore."

"You're easy to flirt with."

I scoff. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," he shrugs. "Just that you almost always flirt back."

"I do not!"

He turns to me with a shit-eating grin. "It's in your nature, doll. Sorry."

"I guess it's in your nature to be a huge dick, too?"

"Oh, definitely."

I look to the side, laughing quietly. When I return my gaze to Hyde, he's staring at me intently. "What are you ogling at?" I chuckle.

He clears his throat but doesn't move. "Nothing."

I subconsciously bite my lip, a coy grin appearing on my lips. "The shirt turns you on, doesn't it?"