♟FIVE♟

BAD MOON RISING

BAD MOON RISING

𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩

I release a soft groan as the boy behind me kisses back up to my jawline. His hand rests on my bare waist as I pull the sheets back up to cover him. I reluctantly pull away from him and rise. At this point, I don't care about what he sees.

I clean up and throw on some underwear and an oversized hoodie, not bothering to put on my bra while he gets dressed. 

"Just to double-check, you're completely fine with this just being a one-night stand?" he asks cautiously.

I smile, turning to him and kissing him. "Freddie, you've asked me that a hundred times tonight, and every time my answer has been 'yes'."

He slips his shirt on over his head. "Okay. Wait, shit. Sorry, do you have a cigarette?"

Never have I had such a polite hookup. I giggle softly. "Yeah."

I carry a pack of cigarettes with me at all times. Not for myself, as I don't smoke, but for any guy who might be cute and needs one. I lead Freddie down the stairs and outside, and hand him a lit stick.

He thanks me and I nod, waving goodbye to him as he drives off. I roll my neck, the weight of my tousled bun falling to each side. I let my long locks fall onto my shoulders and brush a hand through them.

My new phone, one of the gifts my father has given me for Hannukah, rings on the inside of my house. I toss the pack of cigs and lighter on the counter as I pick the device up.

"Volkov," I mumble through a mouthful of cookie.

"Anastasia?"

"Oh, hey, Donna. What's up?"

"The gang is going to a ski house over the weekend and I managed to convince Hyde to let us invite you. Do you want to come?"

"Sure."

"Cool. Come by Eric's tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I plop the phone down and hoist myself into the counter. A week or two ago, I would have surprised myself by agreeing, but the little group of misfits has honestly grown on me. I have to keep up appearances at school, so I don't sit with them at lunch, but I often stop by the basement to hang out and occasionally get high.

After eating another five or so cookies, I realize that I should pack for the trip. I ignore the aching in my hips as I climb the stairs back up to my room. I rip the sheets off of the bed and shove them into the washing machine before finding a mixtape of mine to play. I move my waist and bop my head to the beat, having myself a little dance party as I collect things to take on the trip.