♟THREE♟

FORTUNATE SON

FORTUNATE SON

𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩

"Anastasia! Over here!"

"Sit with us!"

"Can I have your number?"

Upon entering the cafeteria, I'm bombarded with invites. The girls want to sit with the new kid, maybe gain fans from her followers, and the boys want to make out with her.

The past few days have been chaotic for me. I've become the talk of the town. The rich mystery girl from New York whose father runs Volkov Enterprises. Everyone wants a piece of me, and it feels fucking majestic.

I ignore the demands that sprout from the people around me like dandelions in a grass field. Instead, I scan the cafeteria for my new acquaintances. Not the stoners that hang out in the Formans' basement, of course. The group of people that I've been talking to. The only ones I really remember are Pam Macy, only because she's the biggest whore in the school and I have to keep her in check every so often, and Buddy Morgan because he's the only guy who doesn't look at me like a Christmas ham every time I walk by. 

Buddy is very nice. So is Pam. And the rest of the group. It's only the middle class of the school hierarchy that's bitchy to no end. Buddy and I, over the past few days, have honestly become somewhere close to friends. I wouldn't consider our relationship that by any means, but we talk and laugh and it's genuine, from both sides. That's something I can say I've never truly had before.

There's nothing I can use him for since I'm popular enough on my own and he's hinted at not being straight, so it baffles me that I find myself wanting to sit with him in the lunchroom. As if on cue, he waves me over and my posture softens before I join him. He's alone at the table, as the rest of the group has disappeared to smoke in the bathrooms.

"Hey, Anastasia," he grins. I'm surprised he isn't surrounded by swooning girls. When he smiles at me, he almost looks like a cute puppy. Not a dumb one in any way, that's more Kelso's thing, but one that just wants cuddles. And weirdly, it's adorable. I would consider him my best acquaintance.

"Hi."

He glances around cautiously and leans into my ear. Intrigued, I shift closer to him. 

"You know I'm gay, right?" he mumbles.

I nod. "Yes."

"Well..." he sighs heavily. "You know Eric Forman? I think he's really cute."

I choke on my milk. "Pfft!"

"Ana!"

"I'm sorry! It's just, I've seen him, and he's so..." I motion with my hands. "Scrawny."