Chapter 32: Your What?

"I missed you." A voice I never thought I'd hear again said from behind me. I slowly turned around, almost not believing it was her.

"Rhiann..?" I asked. It couldn't be her. She was dead.

"It's me. I'm so sorry I had to disappear. They didn't know how the magic would affect me, so they played me off as dead."

"You should be dead. They took everything from me. You, Lucas. I was alone."

"I'm sorry for that. I've thought of you every moment I've been gone."

"It's been three years. You should have forgotten me. Moved on."

"I couldn't. We were going to be married. We still can, if you want."

"You've... changed."

"So have you. Sometimes change is got the better."

"Or got the worst. I don't know if I can do this after believing you we're dead for three years."

"We should give it a shot."

"Come and meet the others. Two humans were sent to me. Like the other men in my family."

"I don't know if I can do that."

"You don't want to meet them?"

"It's not that."

"But it is. I'm heading back and you can join me if you want."

"You know I can't do that."

"Goodbye. I can still pretend your still dead."

"Fine. I'll come. But just for a little bit.

"Follow me."

*•*•*

"Your ribs are healing well!" Savanah beamed at me.

"That's great little sis!" Blake said giving me a light punch on the arm. Lucas just smiled at me from the corner.

"Guys?" Zenan's voice echoed through the stone walls of the underground palace.

"Madlynn's room!" Savanah called out.

"One second!" He yelled back. A minute later he appeared in the door. "You'll never guess who I found."

"Who?" I asked standing up.

"Hi?" I female said coming into the doorway, her light blonde, almost white hair falling around her shoulder.

"Who is this?" My voice squeaked.

"Rhiann." She smiled. "Zenan's fiancé."

I started choking on air, having to sit down from the ache of my ribs when I coughed trying to gain my breath back. I felt Zenan's electric pulse on my arm but I pushed him away. Blake kicked everyone out except Savanah and she rushed to my side to help.